So how would you guys go about telling your parents you want to drop out of college? I make decent grades, and I've got scholarships going for me and all, but two years into it, and I just want to punch people in the face. Any thoughts?
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
It sounds like you've seriously weighed your options and thought this through...just tell them. What could go wrong?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Dude, write it on a piece of paper in crayon and leave it on their pillows while they are at work. That's what I did when I got expelled from high school.
Yeah, 'cause two more years of college that's paid for you sounds so much worse than spending your life making shit-fifty an hour.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Well, why do you want to drop out? May i suggest taking a break for a semester or two?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Don't quit college. Transfer somewhere else. You're bound to find somewhere you love.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you like it there? Too preppy or something?
As someone who's in a similar situation (I just started my 3rd year of college and have seriously considered dropping out), I would recommend staying. The reason I decided to stay in school was basically because everyone I talked to that had dropped out of college has told me that it was a terrible decision. Even if you feel like you're not learning anything and feel like you're wasting your time... it's all about that piece of paper anyways, right? It's way easier to find a job that you actually want to do for an extended period of time when you have the degree. Reality bites and the degree pays the bills. My advice is to just tough it out even if you feel like it's worthless. It'll go by fast I'm sure.

Hope this advice helped in some way.
Quote by terrencemaddox
It sounds like you've seriously weighed your options and thought this through...just tell them. What could go wrong?

this made me laugh.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Say Ocean
Don't be a pussy. Finish your damn education, transfer or take time off if you must, but finish it dammit.

+1
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Yeah, 'cause two more years of college that's paid for you sounds so much worse than spending your life making shit-fifty an hour.

shit-fifty
I went ahead and told them, when I couldn't get a job in 3 months I went right back

good luck

just kick their ass or start doing dope or something, they'll understand
Quote by inmana
Reality bites and the degree pays the bills.
This.

I've been in your position and honestly, if you stick it out, then in the future you will be so relieved that you did. A little difficulty now will make everything easier in the long run.