avenged sevenfold. before people flame me to death, i still actually quite like their music, but seriously....
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
avenged sevenfold. before people flame me to death, i still actually quite like their music, but seriously....

Wait, Avenged Sevenfold, metal?

I don't actually think artists ever change there style to make more sales. If they wanted money, then they wouldn't be in the music industry.

Edit: Or to suit a larger audience, whatever.
^+1. avenged sevenfold has to be the biggest sellout. i dont like their music, so i dont care if i get flamed or not.
Quote by Regression
Wait, Avenged Sevenfold, metal?

I don't actually think artists ever change there style to make more sales. If they wanted money, then they wouldn't be in the music industry.

Edit: Or to suit a larger audience, whatever.

don't get me into sub genres. they're what i like to call 'watered-down-crapmetal'
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha

how can you say they have compromised their integrity if they never had any in the first place?

and Metallica will always win this sort of argument
I really don't get it, yes Avenged Sevenfold changed there style, and yes it resulted in more sales. However, if they were really sell outs, I don't think they would have M. Shadows as their singer, or be using cheesy lead guitar parts.

I like Avenged Sevenfold, and I like that sound, but if you ask me, if they were really selling out they would have gone a different way about it.
Last edited by Regression at Sep 19, 2008,
I dont think they qualify as metal... but when i think sellout all i can think of is billy corgan. and same as nimrod, i still love his music with the pumpkins, minus his whiny voice, but come on. releasing 3 different versions of the same cd with 1 track different on each, and apparently the new pumpkin single is going to make its worldwide debut on guitar hero dlc. come on.
this thread is a sellout. It caters for the masses and has no integrity.
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
its funny how ppl talk about bands selling out and not just that they want to try different music styles and ideas and not just be playing the same stuff over and over again
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
when Bad News covered Bohemian Rhapsody lol...

really though, A7X most definitely...though Metallica trying to be numetal with St. Assman was pretty close.

Edit: if numetal counts, then just about every numetal band that still exists, like korn and linkin park. it cant even be considered nu metal anymore. There's more distortion in a coldplay song lol (k that's exaggerating...)
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
St. Anger wasn't nu metal at all
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
i dont understand what all the negative hype about selling out is. bad bands "sell out," so do good ones [bad and good is obviously an opinion]. but does it really matter? its becoming harder and harder for musicians/artists to get people to PAY for their music and whatnot, and in order to continue doing what they do, they need money. is that wrong?

edit: while im on a mini-rant, this whole "sub-genre" thing where people give bands these 20-word long "sub-genre" titles is REALLY annoying... just stop it already.
No metal bands ever get the opportunity to sell out because no one will ever pay them enough. We aren't dealing with that poppy shit you hear on the radio.
Divided_Eye, I wasn't bringing up sub-genres, it's just that I know the metal forum hates anyone who brings up Avenged Sevenfold, and that things about them belong in the hardcore forum.

And why don't we bring up Friedman giving up metal to play in the Japanese pop scene?

It's simply because he likes the music, not because he wanted to do something that suits a larger audience. Remember, peoples taste in music does change, how many of you can say you have listened to the exact same type of music over the past 5 years? So why expect bands to play the exact same type of music for their whole career?
Quote by nuncautnumquam
this thread is a sellout. It caters for the masses and has no integrity.

+1

I bet none of you would buy this thread, youd all download it off fagspots.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.