If this is the wrong thread i will delete the thread right away but this is kinda urgent

My brother is putting together a 20 minute performance portfolio and needs pecies of varying style

His first peice is Virtual Insanity
His second peice is YTSE Jam

He probably only needs one more peice but it needs to be a kinda classical kinda thing, are there peice, like for solo for cello or something like that, that could be transcribed for bass guitar?

Thanks in advance for replies
Quote by Symmetry4321
If this is the wrong thread i will delete the thread right away but this is kinda urgent

My brother is putting together a 20 minute performance portfolio and needs pecies of varying style

His first peice is Virtual Insanity
His second peice is YTSE Jam

He probably only needs one more peice but it needs to be a kinda classical kinda thing, are there peice, like for solo for cello or something like that, that could be transcribed for bass guitar?

Thanks in advance for replies

moonlight sonata is a fairly wellknown one
is tapping though

Ytse jam own btw
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Bach's Cello Suites have some pieces that are popular among bassists.

My favorite is the Prelude to the Dm suite. There's a tab for it on here.
http://www.bassbooks.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=469

Here--over 40 pieces arranged for bass. Personally, I love playing Bach and Beethoven on bass, but if you were feeling particularly metal, Wagner and Grieg are decent choices. "Ride of the Valkyries" anyone?
Quote by Arbitror
Bach's Cello Suites have some pieces that are popular among bassists.

My favorite is the Prelude to the Dm suite. There's a tab for it on here.

I auditioned to the music school I go to with Bach's Prelude to Cello Suite No 1 & Mozart's first movement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik on bass.

I can only offer that as viable things for now. There are plenty other good choices out there, but that's what I did.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
to fur elise i i changed it from piano to bass and it sounds really good and its not difficult.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The best bet for classical music is to look at solo cello music, though this will involve either retuning or transposing some of the music up an octave to play all the notes, since cello goes down to the low E on bass in terms of notation.

Also even though the Bach Cello Suite - Preludes is a great piece of music, I'd try something maybe slightly different, as it seems to me as teh go to piece of classical music of bass.

However if you have a bass with sufficient range to do the opening properly you could do Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

Once you've sorted which pieces, for free and legal classical sheet music go here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.