I have a very good strat copy that is now 18 years old and in need of up dateing. Trust me the arm and body are prefect and I do want to work with this guitar, but I would like to make it into the ULTIMATE GUITAR and I'm asking if you all would recomend the VERY BEST equipment to put on it. So to start at the head stock.

GUITAR USE. I play Blues Rock and some Pop.

HEAD STOCK EQUIPMENT
What are the best tuners to fit, I have heard of "magic tuners that dont go out of tune ?

Would you fit string trees if so how meny ?

What about a locking plate on the nut.

Anything eles that you would do.

FRETS
Would you stick with Brass or would have Steel one's fitted ?

PICKUPS
I have allways had two single pickups and one humbucker, any reason to change this set up (they will be replaced with new ones)

Who makes the very best pickups ?

BRIDGE
On one of my guitars I have a Floyd Rose system, I'm not big on wammy bars, fingers make a better sound, But with the Rose I can use my palm to get some nice sounds, So the question what is the best bridge for blues and rock.

Thanks to all who read this, I hope that you can help. If I have broken any UG rules, or put this in the wrong place except my appolges.
TonyBlue
Quote by tony@teaves5.or
I have a very good strat copy that is now 18 years old and in need of up dateing. Trust me the arm and body are prefect and I do want to work with this guitar, but I would like to make it into the ULTIMATE GUITAR and I'm asking if you all would recomend the VERY BEST equipment to put on it. So to start at the head stock.

GUITAR USE. I play Blues Rock and some Pop.

HEAD STOCK EQUIPMENT
What are the best tuners to fit, I have heard of "magic tuners that dont go out of tune ?

They're not really "magic" tuners - they're known as locking tuners. For example there are Schaller locking tuners and many more brands which make locking tuners.

Would you fit string trees if so how meny ?

On a Strat there's generally only one string tree for the high E and B strings... some people replace their standard tree with a graphite tree.

What about a locking plate on the nut.

This isn't really necessary unless you've got a tremolo of some kind and use it alot (i.e. a Floyd)

Anything eles that you would do.

I would put straplocks, at least...

FRETS
Would you stick with Brass or would have Steel one's fitted ?

Most guitars today already have steel frets... but IMO that's pretty unnecessary. Too much work.

PICKUPS
I have allways had two single pickups and one humbucker, any reason to change this set up (they will be replaced with new ones)

Who makes the very best pickups ?

Well, one of few reasons I can think of for you to change your setup would be if you're a shredder. Most shredders prefer an HSH pickup configuration (one humbucker in bridge, single in middle and humbucker in neck)

There's no particular manufacturer who makes "the best" pickups - it all depends on what you want to do. For example, DiMarzio pickups are generally high output and give high gain tones. Seymour Duncan are a bit less output (probably medium output) but are still used by hard rock artists (Slash, for instance). Keep in mind that every pickup manufacturer caters to a wide variety of tastes - e.g. DiMarzio have medium output pickups as well, and Duncan manufactures high and low output pickups.

BRIDGE
On one of my guitars I have a Floyd Rose system, I'm not big on wammy bars, fingers make a better sound, But with the Rose I can use my palm to get some nice sounds, So the question what is the best bridge for blues and rock.

It depends on what you want to do, again... if you only want a subtle vibrato most would say the Bigsby vibrato is the "best" for blues, but if you want to do Van Halen style fluttering and very low and high bends with the whammy, a Floyd plus locking nut is the way to go.

Thanks to all who read this, I hope that you can help. If I have broken any UG rules, or put this in the wrong place except my appolges.

You're welcome.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
WOW What good reply, I thank you very much for your help, I will start to shop for the parts and hopefully I will recive other answers, that I am sure will mostly agree with you.
THANKS
TonyBlue