I am buying a small practice amp. I need to choose between 2 amps...the Line 6 spider III 15w and a Marshall MG-CDR 15w.

I like marshall amps although the line 6 is a abit cheaper. The line 6 amp with its variety of effects, i dont know if it is useful or not since i am already gonna play that amp through a multi effect. Of course the line 6 sounds better instatntly cause of all the effects, but would sound better in general through a mutli effect processor?

Would appreciate some help.
Quote by Melodictallic
I am buying a small practice amp. I need to choose between 2 amps...the Line 6 spider III 15w and a Marshall MG-CDR 15w.

I like marshall amps although the line 6 is a abit cheaper. The line 6 amp with its variety of effects, i dont know if it is useful or not since i am already gonna play that amp through a multi effect. Of course the line 6 sounds better instatntly cause of all the effects, but would sound better in general through a mutli effect processor?

Would appreciate some help.

Your logic is flawed, very very flawed.
Don't get either of them, get a Roland Cube 15
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Your logic is flawed, very very flawed.
Don't get either of them, get a Roland Cube 15

I dont like Rolands :S
Quote by 666_Pounder
Microcube, seriously.

Yeah man i hear u : ) but this is just a practice amp and i am abit on a tight budget here.
Quote by Melodictallic

Believe me, it'll sound a helluva lot better than either of the 2 amps you're considering
ohai little sig.
both are robbing you of cash, they sound horrible. if you want a small SS practice amp, check out Roland's Cube series.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Quote by Melodictallic
Yeah man i hear u : ) but this is just a practice amp and i am abit on a tight budget here.

Aren't they about the same price? They are here in the UK.
Quote by cthuludawn21
both are robbing you of cash, they sound horrible. if you want a small SS practice amp, check out Roland's Cube series.

Well u sure the spider III sounded horrible cause i liked its sound...didnt try a Roland though..how much does it cost approx.?
Quote by RunWithTheDevil
roland cubes are quite cheap
i got a 20x, packs a punch definitely, has lots of effects

Probably gonna play that through my Live X-3 Pod so thats why i am not sure about an amp with effects in the first place.....
A bit pointless to buy an amp loaded with effects if your not going to use em. There are plenty of much better simpler amps out there. I have a little peavey no effects just 2 channels and an EQ. Sounds way better than the spiders my local store is trying to sell. And way more reliable the spiders and MGs both have some serious electrical issues. Ive had my little peavey for 2 years its been dropped, loaded into a car many times even made 2 800 mile trips in the back of a pickup truck never had a hickup.
Quote by Melodictallic
Well u sure the spider III sounded horrible cause i liked its sound...didnt try a Roland though..how much does it cost approx.?

yet you said this...

Quote by Melodictallic

seriously, stop worrying about names and listen to the good advice you're getting, the Roland Microcube is a much better amp than either of the two in your original post.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
^ I'm going to disagree with everyone here. Do not buy a Cube.
But, buy a cube BEFORE you buy a Spider or an MG.

My logic: He's using a pod x3. That means that he doesn't need effects. hence my peavey rec.

Don't judge me.
But isn't Transtube modelling software/circuits? Can you get a true 'clean' channel on that?

If he wants to use his POD I would recommend just a simple valve amp. The Crate Vs might work and they are dirt cheap right now. Not sure where you live tho. What city do you live near?
^Good point, but it's not quite as modeling as a spider or a cube. Transtube is valve-emulation rather than amp simulation.

But...the Crate V's are on backorder for forever, and they're more than a hundred bucks anyway.

If'n he wants to stretch the budget and wait, then its a better choice.

Don't judge me.
If you're gonna be using a POD, why not just use that, and invest in some brilliant headphones?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I'm thinking he is one of the few that would be fine with a Cube 15. It doesn't have the effects and is very inexpensive.

Or a used Epi VJ combo...

But in the name of all things holy, don't get the spider or mg...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I'm thinking he is one of the few that would be fine with a Cube 15. It doesn't have the effects and is very inexpensive.

Or a used Epi VJ combo...

But in the name of all things holy, don't get the spider or mg...

Yes, POD's really like Vj's
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD