So I have 1000 dollars to spend on a guitar and amp... I've been playing for a couple of years.I play mostly classic rock and metal. I play a Ibanez GRG and Spider 3. Which both suck.

The GRG is basically unplayable... Which means I need a new guitar. But at the same time, a new amp would be nice too.

I was thinking an ESP EC-1000 and just forget the amp... But that might not end too well.

What should I do?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
To be honest, the Spider 3 is probably just fine for you. It really isn't THAT bad. As far as modeling amps go.. and keeping in mind the price range, it's a pretty decent purchase. Yes, you can do better than it, but you don't have a ton of options in that price range that have as many tonal options. Granted, I've never owned one, being a tube kind of guy, but I always play through they at Guitar Center (.. again, no options..), and they don't sound so atrocious that my ears bleed and I want to smash everything in sight.

So, if you're satisfied with the Line 6 for now, I would just upgrade the guitar. Going from a GRG to an EC-1000 will make a HUGE difference in your tone. Hoooge.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I'd rather play a $700 guitar through a $300 amp then a $300 guitar through a $700 amp. Having said that I'd go used on the guitar for a better quality then go for a new amp in the $600 range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i say get your arse on ebay and start looking for mint condition gears .
the line 6 isn't bad. in fact i still have it for my practice amp. upgrading the guitar will give you satisfaction cause that is one thing you have to look at and concentrate on almost all the time/ that being said you can get a mint condition gibson sg standard for under 900 easily.
any kind of Schecter would be a nice choice of guitar

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3