I'm going to Coventry university tomorrow for the next 4 years ;o

Well 3, I spend an entire year abroad for my course

(French and Spanish)

So anyone else going to coventry? Shed some light on where you're going/course/what band is playing at your uni for freshers week.

I have some girl group called The Saturdays and Bex from Big Brother is making an appearence |:

What about you guys?

Edit: I made this because thre are a lot of uni thread already. May as well condense them into one thread.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Last edited by Punks|Not|Dead at Sep 19, 2008,
yeah, well it's 'The Only' uni thread now, so wtf, right?
2nd year at Staffordshire uni, doin Drama - Freshers' week has once again passed me by with very little incident... This place sucks for rock spectacles.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Gonna start my 2nd year at Essex. Can't wait to go back I hate how much effort it is to meet up with people when you're home.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
3rd year at Staffordshire uni (Stafford campus) doing music tech with management. Freshers week kinda passed me by this year due to the fact that I dont have any funds .
We've got Utah Saints coming next week. Got quite a few bands on this week (no one famous tho, just small signed acts).
And I dont know what your on about Korzack. You've got people like Pendulum coming, got a huge SU as well.
aaaaaaaaaaahahahaha coventry uni, im from cov but ive decided not to go uni, as it wont help me in this shit hole, where i'll be staying till the day i die

EDIT: COV FTW
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

I'm currently on midsemester break of my 2nd semester of 4th year of Psychology/Commerce double degree at University of Western Australia. I'll be doing Honours in psych, so I still have another year. If I do a Phd, I'll have 3 more after that :S

Can't remember who played at our fresher thing back in February this year... Last year it was Mink Mussel Creek - they won a WAMI (West Australian Music Award) for best new band, Birds of Tokyo, and Little Birdy. Good luck hearing about them outside of Oz.
Quote by Kensai
And he calls himself australian

... Should've mentioned I'm an immigrant... from England

X
im going into second year in cork(ireland)

going back monday, frick the summer is a drunken blur

Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Just starting my 2nd year at Bryn Mawr College, in Pennsylvania.

PhD in Physics. Hopefully, I'll have my Masters wrapped up by the end of this school year.

started my first of 4 years at the university of Guelph (Ontario, Canada) a few weeks ago, it's awesome

Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Going to Strathclyde to do Mechanical Engineering. As far as I know we have the Automatic playing at the uni, but im not sure, il have to check.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I've got this year and next before Uni

Just a random question: if you had the choice between going to a good local university (it happens to be amongst the top 20 or so in the UK) and going abroad (In my case England/Scotland) to an equally good university, what would you choose?
Quote by yellowlizard
I've got this year and next before Uni

Just a random question: if you had the choice between going to a good local university (it happens to be amongst the top 20 or so in the UK) and going abroad (In my case England/Scotland) to an equally good university, what would you choose?

Choose the one where you think the course suits your needs and expectations and a place where you feel you can enjoy living.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Choose the one where you think the course suits your needs and expectations and a place where you feel you can enjoy living.

I'm only considering Universities that offer a particular course and as far as I know the content is the same.

What I really mean is I can't decide whether or not I want the whole "fresh start" thing that comes with moving abroad for Uni. It has its up and its downsides : /