People say you need to be born with a singing voice, but do you need to be born with a screaming voice? or do you just need to be an alto and practice a TONNE?
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
I think anyone can scream with practice and the right technique, but everyone's will sound different
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Why would you have to be an alto?

I'm a baritone, and a really good screamer. I would do it more, but I'd need soundproofing to record.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You don't need to be an alto

I think its all practiice, technique. Like anything really I suppose.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Vocals are just another instrument, the more you practise the better you become. With enough practice anyone can learn to scream. It will just sound slightly different from person to person.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
You just have to practice. It's like practicing to do that for a long time, to get a nice sound out of it, and try to break your voice a bit through the shout
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Yeah, just like everyone said above, screaming comes with practice and persistance.
You'll probably find for awhile that your voice will just crack and you'll cough and splutter and what not (especially with inhale screaming) but just stick at it and you'll get a nice sound.
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
Hell you can do a 'proper' scream in so many ways from inhaling to putting your voice through shitty distortion pedals.

Personally I don't find it that appealing of a sound, but when I do do it I like to push my voice to the threshhold, think of a mix between Kurt Cobains scream and James Hetfields voice.
The Pit. The Movie.
I've never tried...though it looks like I'm going to be singing bass in choir this year...maybe I should start a death metal core hardrock monster band
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I think there is a way to learn, but most people either have it, or they don't.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
From my experience, i'd say practice. I failed at it when i was like 13 or so. Now i can do it pretty good. On the other hand, my friend kind of sucks at it, and i think he's been trying for a while. I'm not sure how hard he tried. But it just came to me one day, so im thinking part of it is how your vocal cords mature
Learn the death metal GRGRHRGR growl, that way you wont have to write lyrics since no one understands it anyway.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28