I need help choosing a great distortion pedal. Could somebody please help me. I play anything from blues to heavy metal, mostly maiden, helloween, judas priest and that stuff. I was thinking something like Boss MT-2 Metal zone but I'm not sure.
I don't know a good wah pedal (searching one too) but i know a good distortion.

The ML-2 Metalcore Pedal goes from low distortion, wich sounds a bit like heavy overdrive, to Heavy distortion, like you want it for Metal.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
I would recommend BOSS DS-2 it really good pedal I have 1 and I'm perfectly happy with it.This depends on what kind of music u like to play and listen but this is one has wide range of sounds u can set. As 4 wah I don't have even a clue.
I have a Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ top boost and it is amazing. Since your into playing metal i would suggest that you buy one of these.
Quote by 5h0m4
I would recommend BOSS DS-2 it really good pedal I have 1 and I'm perfectly happy with it.This depends on what kind of music u like to play and listen but this is one has wide range of sounds u can set. As 4 wah I don't have even a clue.

I have one of these pedals too, but must say I find it rather noisy, can get some nice sounds from it, but look at some other models instead imo.
What amp are you using, it might be more cost-effective to simply look at upgrading that instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get the Boss ML-2 Metalcore. It might not be user-friendly enough, but you can get a hang to it easily. Don't get the Boss DS-2 because that will just disappoint you if you like to sound heavy.

EDIT: as for the wah, i do not know any. However, i advice you not to buy one if you do not need it.
Last edited by batiboy06 at Sep 19, 2008,