Bad idea, very bad idea. Normal cables are built to handle very small signals like the ones that initially come from the guitar, not the huge loud from a power amp. Get a speaker cable.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
short answer. Yes, but don't!
get a speaker cable. it doesn't need to be long so you can probably get it pretty cheap
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Assuming it's a good quality chord, you can do it as a temporary solution for a day but don't do it constantly.
nope. you can fry your amp the very first time.

^why would it be ok sometimes?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Sonny_sam
short answer. Yes, but don't!
get a speaker cable. it doesn't need to be long so you can probably get it pretty cheap

Quote by pwrmax
Assuming it's a good quality chord, you can do it as a temporary solution for a day but don't do it constantly.

Both of these are truth.

Quote by Sonicxlover
Bad idea, very bad idea. Normal cables are built to handle very small signals like the ones that initially come from the guitar, not the huge loud from a power amp. Get a speaker cable.

This is too disaster-prone. It's certainly not good for the amp, but you aren't gonna kill it in 10m. I know. I did this for my first few times using my head/cab, but have since switched to a speaker cable.

Quote by jj1565
nope. you can fry your amp the very first time.

^why would it be ok sometimes?

lol@ how wrong you are. Although I suppose you said "can" not "will".
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^this is also great. you have no idea what he's using. but you're going to vouch for it.

priceless.

i hope you're all going to ship him funds for a new amp if his blows.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^this is also great. you have no idea what he's using. but you're going to vouch for it.

priceless.

i hope you're all going to ship him funds for a new amp if his blows.

Sure it's difficult for you to read. So I'll even bold it for you.

Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Both of these are truth.

This is too disaster-prone. It's certainly not good for the amp, but you aren't gonna kill it in 10m. I know. I did this for my first few times using my head/cab, but have since switched to a speaker cable.

lol@ how wrong you are. Although I suppose you said "can" not "will".

Hey even as a disclaimer I'll say: If something happens to your amp, I told you a speaker cable was better for it in the end.
Quote by sargasm
haha, ok, man, you're saying do it, but you wont stand behind it.

excellent. keep posting, you're doing a great job so far.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'm not standing behind a thing. I'm saying it's not good for it. But my experience is that it didn't hurt my head.

Are you not paying attention just to make this interesting? Or do you have a problem.
Quote by sargasm
yeah i have a problem.

i have a problem with guys who risk other people's equipment because they got lucky once, rather than actually making an informed post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If your head didn't work why did you say in another thread that sound was only coming out of two speakers? That sounds like you jacked up the impedence to me.

Stop spreading shit.
Quote by jj1565
yeah i have a problem.

i have a problem with guys who risk other people's equipment because they got lucky once, rather than actually making an informed post.

I have problems with people who need a reason to be pissed off, so they wake up come onto the ultimate-guitar forums and cry to me for saying it's my experience that a regular guitar cable didn't hurt my head.

This topic is exactly like a guy who claimed to have left his head on for 10 minutes with no cabinet connected 'cause someone moved it and didn't set it up right. Can you prove what he said was true? No, but that was his experience supposedly everything was ok. Sure it defies convention, but so does people surviving horrible accidents.

GET OVER YOURSELF.
Quote by sargasm
unbunch your panties, you're not even making sense.
reread the thread.

unless you're willing to stand behind a statement, dont say it.

also, don't quote other people with cute little lol's then claim everyone else is the aggressor. you can't have it both ways.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Alright I'm over this thread. I always forget the ultimate-guitar forums are the champion of Special-Olympic Internet-Debaters. Capable of abandoning all logic and screaming blindly. Shame the more intelligent folk here don't post as much.

*EDIT*

For those who bought the above crap.

CAN he use a guitar cable? Yes.
SHOULD he use a guitar cable? NO!
Quote by sargasm
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Alright I'm over this thread. I always forget the ultimate-guitar forums are the champion of Special-Olympic Internet-Debaters. Capable of abandoning all logic and screaming blindly. Shame the more intelligent folk here don't post as much.

I'm tired of you. You're a complete dickwad that obviously doesn't know enough about anything to be giving people advice. EVERYONE YOU'RE ARGUING WITH KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. The only reason you think that people here don't use logic is that you're blind to it.

Oh, and you can start to talk about intelligence once you start posting intelligent threads. And gain a little bit of credibility, rather than starting arguments with people who are generally known to give damn good advice (Horlicks, anyone?).

If you don't like it here, then leave. It's a completely voluntary place to be.

TS: Just buy speaker cables. Even if an instrument cable doesn't destroy your head, the difference in sound quality will be well worth it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I'm tired of you. You're a complete dickwad that obviously doesn't know enough about anything to be giving people advice. EVERYONE YOU'RE ARGUING WITH KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. The only reason you think that people here don't use logic is that you're blind to it.

Looked to me like a fight was picked with me because I said jj1565 was being far too "END OF THE AMPLIFIER IF YOU DON'T USE A SPEAKER CABLE!!" to which I said I hadn't and everything was great. Horlicks is a **** off and was reported for his post.

Also since you seem to not be able to read either, you should look to my above post.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by theoreticmusic
I'm tired of you. You're a complete dickwad that obviously doesn't know enough about anything to be giving people advice.

Oh, and you can start to talk about intelligence once you start posting intelligent threads.

If you don't like it here, then leave. It's a completely voluntary place to be.

+1 to all that.

Edit : ^ Oh dear.
I've read all of your posts. Twice.
Your problem is that you're stuck with substandard equipment that you don't know enough about, but you want to convince everyone that you do.
Which is why you go around recommending TBX and other cheap SS amps. And giving unqualified advice.

I'd also like to point out that you started the argument with jj when you replied to her post, which was correct. She said can, as you fairly pointed out, but you preceded it by saying lol @ how wrong you are. That makes you the person at fault here. If you say something stupid like that, people are going to start arguing with you. And Horlicks is not a ****off. He has more knowledge in his little finger than you do in the entirety of your person. And he's right.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
digital, i thought you were leaving?

"END OF THE AMPLIFIER IF YOU DON'T USE A SPEAKER CABLE!!"

i wasn't going to post back, but then i saw you made this up and put it in quotes as if i said it.
listen, just let it go. it's obvious by your edits that you've changed your mind on suggesting he try an instrument cable on the chance it wont harm his head.

the thread is over, just go do something else, and don't misquote me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

with a tube head you can blow the output transformer right away or otherwise cause damage to your amp. if you are using a SS head then you may be ok for a few minutes, but your amp will break in the long run. so the safe answer is to buy a speaker cable and dont settle for anything else.

digitalbravo was probably fine because he has a SS head, however he has no business telling someone they will be fine with a instrument cable without know what kind of amp the person is running. and considering he is the one who started the argument, hes got no business thinking he is superior.

in other words, ive answered all questions so im closing the thread. anyone has a problem with this or me feel free to PM me. or just blow it out your ass bob-o