hi guys
i have a dell vostro 1510 laptop specs:
2.0 Ghz intel core duo processor
2GB ram
Nvidia 8600 gt 256 mb graphics card

now.. i am looking to upgrade the processor and the graphics card sometime but i have heard of compatability issues some people have had.. is there anything i should know before going out and buying these things?
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by Preid
You dont upgrade laptops...
He pretty much speaks the truth.

Laptop components aren't really commercially available.
not even the video cards?

Quote by chll

Quote by BFMVrrule
not even the video cards?
Typically, no, some laptops can upgrade the videocard, you have to check with the manufacturer.

When you buy a computer they want you to upgrade every few years, that's why they make it difficult and you should just build your own. Of course you can't really build your own laptop, which is why they can get away with shafting you.
Laptop components are also extremely expensive. In the long run you would be better off just buying a new system.
ahh i see thanks for the help man.. i guess the specs of my laptop will be good enough for a year or so?

Quote by chll

Mmmm, they should be fine, but if you want a better machine you're probably best off looking at a desktop with some grunt behind it...

Laptops aren't built for their power, and when they are, they're certainly not built for their battery life, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a laptop in the first place...

Dragonforce? I don't even know what that is. Isn't it that Japanese card game "Dragon Force Z"?
Yeah, hard drive and ram are the only two easily and economically upgradeable laptop parts. If you want something fast and powerful, I'd have to recommend a desktop.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Yeah basically the only two pieces of a laptop you can upgrade is the ram and the hard drive. Some laptops have their video card like a normal PC but those laptops are VERY pricey and hard to find.
Yeah and the big thing with upgrading a laptop is if you put a better processor in, the likelihood is it will generate more heat than the one the laptop came with.

and laptops are notorious for overheating, almost to the point of permanent damage to components. and sometimes past the point of permanent damage.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
you can get a new processor, but you need to know the chipset being used in your laptop.

and the only way you could upgrade the laptop is if your laptop has a mini-pci-express slot. even then, graphics cards available in that format are hard to get.
Sent from my iPad.