When my guitar is plugged in to the amp (turned on) and is idle... its makes a radio sound... like "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Is something wrong with the guitar or amp?

Guitar: A random copy of fender strat with 3 pickup coils

Guitar Settings:- Tone 1 = 10; Tone 2 = 10; Volume = 10

Amp: Random Company. 15W

Amp Setting:- Gain = 10; Boost = on; Bass = 10; Treble = 10; Middle = 10; Volume around 2
Single coil pickups do that. Turn and face north or south, if that silences it then it's definitely the pickups.
Quote by pwrmax
Single coil pickups do that. Turn and face north or south, if that silences it then it's definitely the pickups.

and if that dosen't work?
Quote by CanCan
your amp is also terribly set up. maxed gain, eq and boost?

well, i didn't know what else to do -_-
could you sugest some setting?
Quote by reachammad
and if that dosen't work?

Then it might be a grounding issue. It's most likely the pickups because all single-coils have problems with polarity of the Earth, or something like that. A noise suppressor can solve it, or using 2 pickups at a time.
Quote by reachammad
well, i didn't know what else to do -_-
could you sugest some setting?

Treble - 10
Mid - 6
Bass - 8

Fiddle around with that a little until you get something good.
Quote by pwrmax
Then it might be a grounding issue. It's most likely the pickups because all single-coils have problems with polarity of the Earth, or something like that. A noise suppressor can solve it, or using 2 pickups at a time.

hmm, thanks for that tip

Treble - 10 Mid - 6 Bass - 8 Fiddle around with that a little until you get something good.

Thanx, I'll try those later
Quote by pwrmax
Treble - 10
Mid - 6
Bass - 8

Fiddle around with that a little until you get something good.

im usually pretty heavy on the bass, around 10 then the trebles 8 and the mid is around 5 to 6. i then give it a good overdrive and (at least on my line6 floor pod) i get a pretty heavy metallica sound
Quote by steelfingers
im usually pretty heavy on the bass, around 10 then the trebles 8 and the mid is around 5 to 6. i then give it a good overdrive and (at least on my line6 floor pod) i get a pretty heavy metallica sound

What about the gain?
Quote by reachammad
What about the gain?

For metal just crank up the gain to max.
Quote by pwrmax
For metal just crank up the gain to max.

worst advice ever.

Too much gain = mud and noise.
What amp do you have? Some amps start sounding terrible at gain = 6 others at gain = 8, and others at gain = 5 (like the 5150, who has SUPERMUCH gain)
Try to lower the gain, you will see, the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound will be alot less, but you will have to work harder on your playing (less gain means more articulate sounds, which means that your mistakes can be heard better). It will be good for your technique AND your sound.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Too much gain = mud and noise.

He says the amp is some random company so I'm guessing the gain's on the low end as it is.
even then its a bad idea to crank the gain
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl