ok so here is the deal I am a drummer (don't kill me! haha) that is wanting to play around with guitar alittle more I have a beautiful Hamer Electric but I want a Acoustic Electric, here are some of the things I really want it to have, I'm am planning on plugging in alot so pretty good electronics All solid wood i'd prefer no lam. cutaway, Hardshell case, thats pretty much it, so far I'm really look into Seagull, Martin, Taylor (but Taylors in that price range all have lam back and sides), Takamine, Alveraz, and breedlove

One of my problems in i have a bunch of friends that play guitar and one says go martin all the way another Breedove all the way another Taylor all the way etc so any help would be great in trying to find a guitar with what i want in that price range would be great thanks
i personally prefer Martin. anyway, whats your playing style? genres? settings? we just need to know a little bit more of the specifics
Martins are laminate in that range too.

i don't know much about them so i'd say go to the store and plug it in yourself to check them out. just fyi if you didn't already know you need an acoustic amp and not an electric amp if you want good sound.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by GuitarKick
ok so here is the deal I am a drummer (don't kill me! haha) that is wanting to play around with guitar alittle more I have a beautiful Hamer Electric but I want a Acoustic Electric, here are some of the things I really want it to have, I'm am planning on plugging in alot so pretty good electronics All solid wood i'd prefer no lam. cutaway, Hardshell case, thats pretty much it, so far I'm really look into Seagull, Martin, Taylor (but Taylors in that price range all have lam back and sides), Takamine, Alveraz, and breedlove

One of my problems in i have a bunch of friends that play guitar and one says go martin all the way another Breedove all the way another Taylor all the way etc so any help would be great in trying to find a guitar with what i want in that price range would be great thanks

Only get Martins that are 15 series and up.

Avoid Taylors in this range because they're made with laminate.

All the brands you've mentioned so far are pretty good. The only other ones I would mention are Epiphone's Masterbilt series and Guild's GAD series. They're both superb series of guitars. Definitely worth looking into.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thanks for the input so far I didn't know that about the amp but it shouldn't matter I'll be plugging into a system 99% of the time, as far as style setting etc. once again 99% the time will be at my church doing more that likely praise and worship stuff alittle jack johnson, ingrid michaelson acoustic stuff on the side though, my friend (we'll call him martin for the obvious reasons) anyway my friend martin told me to get the same guitar he has now he has the DC-1 i don't believe they make is anymore though new it was 850 and has real wood top and back and lam. sides any one else have any thoughts on this guitar?
do NOT. i repeat, do NOT buy ANY martin with HPL (high pressure laminate) sides/back. They're made of a baked grey gloopy substance with a wood grain sticker slapped on top.
Equipment:

Last edited by captivate at Sep 19, 2008,
don't buy a guitar because he likes his tone. buy one because you like your tone.

that said, really just go to the store and try out every guitar you can in your price range. find the ones you like and write them down and run them by us if you really don't know how to choose, although it really is the best to just get pick your own guitar.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
You're a year and 3 days too late.
Equipment: