Gasp! What is this? A case it seems! Let's have a look at the inside:

What we've got here is a Fender Custom Shop Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster. Build in 2008, bought just yesterday. I guess everybody knows what a Strat is and if you don't, have a look at www.fender.com . The specs of this one can be found under "custom shop".
I'll just tell you what seperates this guitar feature-wise from other strats and tell you why I've chosen it over any other of the god-knows-how-many guitars in the store.

It has a back side, too:

What I like about it is the tremolo. I usually don't go for trems because they either are barely usable or a bitch to set up. This one is the American standard trem (free floating) with a roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners. This combination means that the guitar will take a lot of whammy abuse before going out of tune while it's still a technically simple setup that doesn't cause the hassles of double locking systems.
Another nice feature are the ceramic noiseless pickups which are a rather uncommon sight. Nothing for purists, because they are not quite vintage-authentic. It still sounds like a strat though, just not as painfully trebly as some other strats, the tone seems smooth and well rounded, while there's still a lot of twang if you want it. Anyway, I don't care about vintage, I need a guitar that works. I plugged it in, it sounded good and didn't hum as a bonus, so I went for it.
The only complaint I have about it is the sustain, it dies quickly, but I guess that's something that has to be expected on such a guitar. It is not much of a problem for me anyway because I don't need much sustain for my style of playing.

Oh, and I like the colour.

In case anyone is wondering: I made this thread to brag. Thank you and good night!
You've got an awesome cat, then!
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
When can I get a credit card for my pet?
I need a surprise right now

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
wow, i wish my cat would drag in comething like that...
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Lookin' awesome.
I was expecting your average "Oh I have a new guitar" thread, but a Fender CS, that's summin' that perks up your day
Hope you have fun with it.
I sure have.

And yeah, my bathroom and imaginery cat are awesome.

EDIT: If anyone cares, it costed me 1950€.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 19, 2008,
That last picture really puzzled me.

Looked like a left-handed guitar, but then on the other pics it was a right handed. I was so confused, until I realised it was a mirror :p
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Oh man, I told you to get the Gibson!

Only kidding, I LOOOVVVEEE STRATS!

Nice choice anyways, seriously, where do you live, and what room do you keep it in...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Excuse my ignorance, but what are the main differences between this and say my Squier Stratocaster? You mention the tremolo (I assume you refer to whammy bar) and something about the tuners, but the bridge and tuners look just like on my crappy Strat.

I'm assuming that a huge difference would between this and my Strat would be the quality of the pickups, and the wood that the neck is made from. I'd like to know what else is different. I just want to learn more about what makes this guitar better than a cheaper Strat.

BTW I really like the colour on this Strat.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
You must have a huge friggin cat....

Congrats! That guitar looks so tasty...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
wow! very nice!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i was looking at that in a shop on wednesday, needless to say i had a little sex wee . . .
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
very nice

this isnt helping my custom shop strat gas
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by MustangSVT
Excuse my ignorance, but what are the main differences between this and say my Squier Stratocaster? You mention the tremolo (I assume you refer to whammy bar) and something about the tuners, but the bridge and tuners look just like on my crappy Strat.

I'm assuming that a huge difference would between this and my Strat would be the quality of the pickups, and the wood that the neck is made from. I'd like to know what else is different. I just want to learn more about what makes this guitar better than a cheaper Strat.

BTW I really like the colour on this Strat.

It is hard to notice the differences from those pictures. The tuners are locking tuners made by Sperzel. They let you lock the strings so you don't need to have them wrapped around the tuner peg to keep them in place. That helps because there's less string length that could stretch while bending or using the whammy bar, so the guitar is less susceptible to detuning.
The nut is better too. Expensive guitars have a bone nut or one made of special composit materials (carbon-nut and stuff like that) that causes less friction than the plastic nuts on cheaper guitars, thus making the tuning more stable. In my case, it's a metal nut with tiny rolls that move if the strings move, so there's a minimum of friction.
The tremolos on cheaper guitars usually are made of softer, cheaper metals. That's no big deal when it's a vintage style trem, but floating trems like mine rest on nothing but two thin knife edges and those wear out quickly when their made of cheap metal. Worn out knife edges will screw up your tuning everytime you use the trem.
Generally, the hardware and electronics (jack, pots, wiring, the truss rod) are of better quality. Those are small things, but it all adds up to quite a big sum in the end.
A big deal is the wood. On expensive guitars you can expect it to have been dried longer and more carefully. Additionally, a cs strat's body is made of two pieces of wood (if I remember correctly), while on many cheap guitars you can expect it being made of five or more pieces.
The pickups are more expensive, too.

Quite a long list and I have probably skipped some important points. I sound like some snobby guitar elitist, don't I? All this doesn't mean that cheap guitars are crap though. I loved my first cheapo Ibanez to death back in the day and now my little brother loves it to death. And I do try out beginner's guitars from time to time and I usually don't think "Hey this sucks", I'm rather surprised that you can get such nice stuff for cheap.
Quote by TheQuailman
It is hard to notice the differences from those pictures. The tuners are locking tuners made by Sperzel. They let you lock the strings so you don't need to have them wrapped around the tuner peg to keep them in place. That helps because there's less string length that could stretch while bending or using the whammy bar, so the guitar is less susceptible to detuning.
The nut is better too. Expensive guitars have a bone nut or one made of special composit materials (carbon-nut and stuff like that) that causes less friction than the plastic nuts on cheaper guitars, thus making the tuning more stable. In my case, it's a metal nut with tiny rolls that move if the strings move, so there's a minimum of friction.
The tremolos on cheaper guitars usually are made of softer, cheaper metals. That's no big deal when it's a vintage style trem, but floating trems like mine rest on nothing but two thin knife edges and those wear out quickly when their made of cheap metal. Worn out knife edges will screw up your tuning everytime you use the trem.
Generally, the hardware and electronics (jack, pots, wiring, the truss rod) are of better quality. Those are small things, but it all adds up to quite a big sum in the end.
A big deal is the wood. On expensive guitars you can expect it to have been dried longer and more carefully. Additionally, a cs strat's body is made of two pieces of wood (if I remember correctly), while on many cheap guitars you can expect it being made of five or more pieces.
The pickups are more expensive, too.

Quite a long list and I have probably skipped some important points. I sound like some snobby guitar elitist, don't I? All this doesn't mean that cheap guitars are crap though. I loved my first cheapo Ibanez to death back in the day and now my little brother loves it to death. And I do try out beginner's guitars from time to time and I usually don't think "Hey this sucks", I'm rather surprised that you can get such nice stuff for cheap.

Don't forget that the build quality is better, and the guitar will be handbuilt and everything. And better quality wood, not just less pieces!

But I agree on the cheapness thing, I think Squier Affinities kick ass. Major ass.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
That's a strong cat...... (with good taste in guitars, I might add) How much can he bench?!?!
Quote by TheQuailman
They let you lock the strings so you don't need to have them wrapped around the tuner peg to keep them in place. That helps because there's less string length that could stretch while bending or using the whammy bar, so the guitar is less susceptible to detuning.

I didn't know that this is what "locking tuners" meant. Thank you for the explanation.

So the bridge is made of better "more durable" metals as well? I think that's what you're trying to say. I didn't know that.

Thank you for your explanation, I was never sure about which parts are "better made" or different on more expensive guitars. Now I have a better idea than before.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I like your sweatshirt

Very nice guitar, just beautiful.

I bet it feels butter-y
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪