I'm useing a kodak picture camera that you can also make videos with. When i make a video then upload it on the kodak program then save it to the computer, It will be a Quicktime video. Then i open Windows Movie Maker and when i go to Import video, I can't because the video isn't in .wmv format. So can someone tell me how i can do this?
if you can somehow change the kodak save format from quicktime to .avi, windows movie maker will take avi and thus exporting it wmv.

if that fails google up 3gp video converter
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ok i downloaded this thing called Prism video converter and i added the video, set it to .avi and then clicked convert. I opend WMM and when i clicked on the video this popped up (video could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box.) \
Whats wrong here?
.wmv is not the video, its the file where you're creating the video, you have to click save video to disk or computer its not in the file menu its on the side toolbar.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
.wmv is not the video, its the file where you're creating the video, you have to click save video to disk or computer its not in the file menu its on the side toolbar.

I ment to say .avi, i got mixed up.
most editing programs of the lower end are very specific on what files they will work with. Most only like WMVs for whatever reason however my Kodak camera also puts the files into .MOV quicktime directly into the SD card...

Find or buy a converter but be aware you will loose quality doing conversions...

I suggest going to the WMM board:
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

see what format WMM supports for imports and such...

Edit
I found this post:
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=184661
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 19, 2008,