Not sure if this is the right forum or not. But I'm looking into building a live PA setup for my band. I'll give you our current set up the best I can, I'm not sure on all the specs. And what we are looking for as far as set up goes. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Looking for a system that can power 300 person venue if needed. With 10 to 12 XLR inputs.

Current setup
Carvin 8 channel powered PA head. I'm guessing rated at 200w/ch 400w bridged
Mains
2 2X15 subs
2 1X12 with tweeters

Monitors
2 2X15 Yamaha floor monitors

I think as far as speakers go I think we are set. An extra monitor for the drummer wouldn't hurt but we won't worry about that. The PA isn't really powerful enough to push all that and it overheats sometimes and quits working. Not sure if that is a power issue or the PA is just bad.

So should we keep the current set up and just add a power amp for extra power or drop the PA and start from scratch with new mixer, power amps, and rack fx units. The PA has built in reverb but it isn't very good. Would like to have a unit with compression, reverb, and delay for vocals if possible.

Lets say we have $1500 to spend.

Been looking at the Behringer PMP5000 but I'm really not a fan of Behringer equipment. But it does have 1200 watts bridged and built in and effects on board.
Is the venue indoors?

And I'd keep the current setup...it may be a good idea to add a submixer for the drums specifically...basically a simple analog mixer that you mix in stereo through the Carvin.

As for the speakers...what models are they? We need to know the specs for power handling before we can even start with amp recommendations. That being said, I've heard good things about the affordable Tapco and Behringer amps...though Peavey's considered the best overall for the money.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Is the venue indoors?

And I'd keep the current setup...it may be a good idea to add a submixer for the drums specifically...basically a simple analog mixer that you mix in stereo through the Carvin.

As for the speakers...what models are they? We need to know the specs for power handling before we can even start with amp recommendations. That being said, I've heard good things about the affordable Tapco and Behringer amps...though Peavey's considered the best overall for the money.

Yeah mostly indoor venues.

Speakers

The 2 12's are SLS audio-500w @ 8ohms

2X15's X Audio-600W

15' floor monitors Yamaha-500W