Hello all, been awhile since I've posted on these forums...been busy. Local musicians were impressed with what I did to my amplifier and my pedal building, etc. so I've picked up a lot of work. Anyways, now I have some time to actually focus on my gear.

Is there a 3-way pickup toggle for the guitar that doesn't POP (loud pop through amp speakers) when you switch positions? It happens everytime and it's really really loud. This is the one that came with my guitar so I have no idea what brand it is. I just want to get rid of it.

Also, every pedal I have pops as well when i turn it on or off. Is there anyway to prevent this? So far I only have a distortion pedal that I built myself a cheap arse behringer multi FX pedal that I've been messing with. But they both make a loud pop through the speakers when turned on or off.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
It sounds like it's the amp that's the problem. Might be bad grounding or something in that vein of things.

I have a set of dodgy computer speakers that pop every time you turn ANYTHING on.
You could slap in a high-value resistor (at least 1M) between the switch and ground. It'll pull the 'pop' noise to ground and out of the signal path.

Never could remember WHERE to connect it, though...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Mine doesn't pop. Might be how you switch works mechanically.

Switch it with a standard 3 way switch from stewmac.com.

I may need to buy one of those switches... my epi ha a sh*t switch.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Invader Jim
You could slap in a high-value resistor (at least 1M) between the switch and ground. It'll pull the 'pop' noise to ground and out of the signal path.

Never could remember WHERE to connect it, though...

Yeah, it's called a pull-down resistor, right after the input jack and before the first component, you slap a 1M+ resistor in there, one lead between the input and the first component, and the other grounded. This is done on most commercial pedals, try that.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
yep. makes a ton of noise. Oh, by the way it's not a blade switch I meant like a toggle.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I bet. One of those rectangular box ones, eh?

I have a couple guitars that used the box-type switches, and they didn't pop... They are built just like the LP ones but inside a casing.
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to try a new switch from stewmac. Mine looks like the toggle on stewmac but with a bigger profile. So I'm going to replace it anyways just so i know it's a quality switch. If that doesn't work then I'll try the pull-down resistor wired in parallel with the output jack. I'm going to go ahead and use a pull down resistor on my pedal when i get home.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame