*insert typical pit isn't helpful at all remark*

So I've got an audition for A Christmas Carol on monday and I need to have a 1 minute monologue prepared and memorized, any suggestions? My acting skills are probably better suited for a comedic role, but I'm open to a serious role as well.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Go watch Charlie Bartlett and do that monologue
Quote by Smokey Amp
You can take a noob to water, but you can't like make a noob drink. Y'know?

Don't be a fucktard. Only a teenage yeti would think back hair is cool.

Mackin' bitches and taking it back since 1990
The French castle guard from Monty Python.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
v for vendetta monologue
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Last edited by cheeseman3001 at Sep 19, 2008,
You could do the last part of Annie Hall, where Woody Allen (as Alvy Singer) talks about his relationship with Annie. It goes like this:

"After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken.' And, uh, the doctor says, 'Well, why don't you turn him in?' The guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."

Comedic, but serious at the same time.

Alternately, you could do Silent Bob's or Holden's monologues from Chasing Amy. Although you'll have to cut the Silent Bob one down a bit and edit it for language, it is one of the great ones and could show off some range.
Last edited by ccmu at Sep 19, 2008,
thanks guys (bump)
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
You could also do one of the three Hamlet's monologues from Hamlet.
"You're Distracting Me"

"Wendy, let me explain something to you. Whenever you come in here and interrupt me, you're breaking my concentration. You're distracting me. And it will then take me time to get back to where I was. Understand?...I'm gonna make a new rule. Whenever I'm in here, and you hear me typing, whether you don't hear me typing, whatever the f--k you hear me doing in here, when I'm in here, that means that I am working. That means don't come in. Now do you think you can handle that?...Why don't you start right now and get the f--k out of here?"

The Shining.
The Aristocrats

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana