Hey guys, I've currently got some of Courdroy EW's 62 Smooth Grooves in my MIM Strat, and to be fair, they're FAR too trebly for what sound I want, with any amp (I'm using an Orange Rocker 30)

I'd like a much fatter, smoother tone from the neck pickups, and a much thicker sound from the bridge pickup (it's not the thickest pickup) like Richie Blackmore's strat tone (think Made in Japan.)
I've had a look at SD Quarter Pounders and they seem like they'll give a bigger/fatter/rounder/smoother etc sound.

Any suggestions?

Overall I want more power/thickness from some new single coils.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by nikkore1
Go for the Emg's

lol.

Won't Cord exchange the pickups you bought from him for a set more suited to you? He did that for Oli, or something similar anyway.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by nikkore1
Go for the Emg's

But yeah, contact Corduroy, he'll probably help you with them.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I've emailed him. But it was a while ago I got the pickups (February)
Don't be afraid to care"

No dice. Gotta be a single.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HSS brother

For Ritchie Blackmore?

Anyways, maybe some Custom Shop '69s, I heard they would kick ass. Definatly look at Fender pickups, Ritchie used mainly stock things till he got his favourite Strat.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i'd wait and see what cordy can do, with any luck he can hook you up. if not, then start to consider some alternatives...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds like you need a gibson. why are you trying to get such a thick sound out of a strat anyway. personally i think the custom shop 57/62 pickups are the tits.
I've already got a Tokai Les Paul for the Les Paul sound. I just want a thicker/less trebly strat sound that I'll love, why not?
Don't be afraid to care"