Why isn't there a thread, a huge thread mind you on the cheesiest black metal band ever? C'mon....throw me a freakin' bone here!

if there is a thread, please dont eat me.
In before any one posts any Call of the Winter Moon GIFS
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Apparently I suck at searching too, cause I couldn't find one. Or maybe I skipped over it.

/eats.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Immortal was at one point my favorite black metal band, and they are an excellent introduction to black metal, but after a couple years knowing about black metal I found that there were many better bands out there. To be honest, when it comes to "traditional black metal" I'd sooner listen to Mayhem or Darkthrone (out of the "original" bands) than Immortal, but I do enjoy their later "black thrash" stuff, like Damned in Black and Sons of Northern Darkness.

Edit: On that note, check out "I", Abbath's side project (or I guess main band now). It's not very much like Immortal, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.
Get baked, study theory.

Immortal was my introduction to Black Metal and right now I'm trying to dig 1349, and I'm already liking Sculptor Of Flesh, they probably have way better songs though.
I can't say I've ever given a really good listen to 1349, so I can't really say much about their stuff. I would advise you to check out Windir (at all costs), Keep of Kalessin (their vocals sound a bit like late Immortal), and obviously stuff like Emperor and Limbonic Art. Oh, and Drudkh, for sure.
Get baked, study theory.

I'd rather stick it to the rules thanks.

/bad ass.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by Instrumetal
I can't say I've ever given a really good listen to 1349, so I can't really say much about their stuff. I would advise you to check out Windir (at all costs), Keep of Kalessin (their vocals sound a bit like late Immortal), and obviously stuff like Emperor and Limbonic Art. Oh, and Drudkh, for sure.

I'm listening to Windir now, sounds good, I'll check out Keep Of Kalessin in a second.
Check out the song "vengeance rising" in particular.

But yeah really, let's stop posting in this thread, and keep it to the established Immortal thread. And for that matter, let's keep band recs in the huge recommendation thread.
Get baked, study theory.

But yeah, anyway, Immortal rules does anyone know if their theatrics is serious or is it a tongue-in-cheek thing?
Sounds like you only like Immortal for the funnies.

Abbath is one of my favorite black metal singers, and as I've said previously, Demonaz is my hero.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Sounds like you only like Immortal for the funnies.

Abbath is one of my favorite black metal singers, and as I've said previously, Demonaz is my hero.

Nah, They have good stuff and I like their music, I just can't look at them with a straight face
I take Abbath and Demonaz quite seriously.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
In my kingdom cold...
At the mountains of madness
Unending grimness
These mountains which I heart
In my kingdom cold...
At the mountains of madness
Unending grimness this kingdom it is mine...

Greatest chorus ever? I think so.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM