sooner or later im going to need to get rid of my ibanez cus i dont like the bridge, and its falling apart. I made a thread a while back about upgrading this guitar, but i think my budget was about £600 back then.
Im hoping to do some work next summer, and i was wondering if anybody had any ideas about nice guitars below the £1000 mark.
My criteria is bacicly....

- NO trem
- No v-shapes
- Suited for metal playing
- Preferably 24 frets

sorry its been a while sinse i bought a guitar so i dont really know about the stuff out there atm...

So, any ideas?
im thinking ESP. that generally comes to mind when "metal, no trem" is mentioned
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
schecter C-1 hellraiser, will be less then 1000 pounds too

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Definitely look at an ESP Horizon-II NT. They are gorgeous.

or

Jackson Soloist SL1/SL2H, you have to do a bit of searching to find the fixed bridge ones though.

Both fit into your budget and criteria.

I would do a Horizon II with a set of pick-up from Bareknuckle
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
ESP my-1000 or ec-1000 are great shred guitars with ur specs
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
yes les pauls can do metal but ur better of with something with abit more bite like the ESPs. i have a les paul std and its great but i dont really play metal the heaviest ive played in is drop C and it doesnt sound great. stuff in standard, open G drop D is great tho on a les paul but still ESP will be better
Quote by vitchb
can les paul studio's do metal?

Sure, but there are better guitars at your budget for what you want.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Im just hesitant with ESP's, they feel cheap to me. plus id only really want an ESP that says 'ESP' on it (silly i know), but cant bring my self to buy a £1000 guitar really, let alone a £1200 one.
I was just interested in the LP studio because it looks so awsome in ebony with gold hardware *drools*.... and i forgot how cheap they were.
If you go with a les paul studio, i would drop emg's in it right away, i have heard one with the 81/81 combo and it was sick
Quote by supe18
If you go with a les paul studio, i would drop emg's in it right away, i have heard one with the 81/81 combo and it was sick

Yeah i was planning that too
there ya go man, great guitar, a little bit on the heavey side, especially after you put the emg's in. but it would be a great metal guitar, by the way look on ebay for maybe an esp eclipse or check some music stores i picked one up for $500 at a local shop cuz the guy didn't know what it was
The ESPs must be more expensive in the UK, here a Horizon-II nt can be found for $1400 brand new in a store, so I figured that would be in your budget.

There isn't anything wrong with the studio, your amp will be able to make almost any guitar "metal" sounding, plus you can always change pick-ups if the stock ones aren't what you want. However it only has 22 frets, not that that is a problem but you said you wanted 24.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by jeowy
im thinking ESP. that generally comes to mind when "metal, no trem" is mentioned

ESP,dean,schecter.That s all
Quote by thefrigginbob
The ESPs must be more expensive in the UK, here a Horizon-II nt can be found for $1400 brand new in a store, so I figured that would be in your budget.

There isn't anything wrong with the studio, your amp will be able to make almost any guitar "metal" sounding, plus you can always change pick-ups if the stock ones aren't what you want. However it only has 22 frets, not that that is a problem but you said you wanted 24.

The 24 fret thing isnt a big problem, it just makes the access to the 22nd fret easier usually...
If you're going to get the LP then get it quick because gibson prices are going up and they're also withdrawing a lot of gibsons from the UK.

Also play it first because when I got mine, there were two, one of them was awesome, one had a lot of buzz.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by vitchb
omg...

Just so beautiful i feel i must have it :P
much better than a LP studio i think
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
do you like ibanez wizard necks? if so, an rga121 might be worth considering, you could get a pickup swap too as it's well under the £1000 mark. what type of guitars do you like and dislike?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you like ibanez wizard necks? if so, an rga121 might be worth considering, you could get a pickup swap too as it's well under the £1000 mark. what type of guitars do you like and dislike?

Im generally quite open minded, i like RG's (not the one you showed me however), lespauls, SG's, superstrats....
For now i just want something that looks good (obv) is well built and plays well. I can swap pickups if i need a different sound...
ok doke... to be honest your best bet is to get to as many guitar shops as you can, and try as many things as you can (without even thinking of buying yet) to try to narrow down what you want...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok doke... to be honest your best bet is to get to as many guitar shops as you can, and try as many things as you can (without even thinking of buying yet) to try to narrow down what you want...

Yeah that sounds best, theres a shop quite near me that stock real ESP's and gibson, so ill have a look sometimes hopefuly
Jackson Soloist, or a high-end Ibanez S Prestige. Some of them dont have trems. But they would be perfect for what you want. Other than that, an ESP MH-1000 would fit your needs.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
check out the washburns on washburn.com
they have some really nice new guitars that u could use for metal if u want
ESP horizon NTII or, even better, Jackson SL2 string thru. You have to look for it second hand though...
SL2>>SL3>SLSMG imo. But the SL3 only comes with a trem.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i really cant afford the jackson or horizon . I really want to try a LP studio, not thinking it'll be better than your suggestions, just that its more up my alley price wise.
dude i'd check out jackson. they have a neckthru soloist with a string thru bridge. you'd love it
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.