Im considering getting a low wattage amp, one of the few on my list is the tiny terror. I have heard a bunch of people say that the tt can do hi gain while others say it can't and you'd need an overdrive or dist pedal. Since none of the dealers are selling one of these heads I cant try it out for myself sooooo.... what do you think? Can it handle hi gain or not?

Also can anyone suggest any other low wattage tube heads, other than the krank rev jr(Im also considering the pro model)?
I love my TT, and it gets real high gain by itself. It's certainly enough for some metal, but other stuff might need a little more gain.

I'd advise you to get it, but get an EQ pedal and a Boost or a Metal Muff too.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I love my TT, and it gets real high gain by itself. It's certainly enough for some metal, but other stuff might need a little more gain.

I'd advise you to get it, but get an EQ pedal and a Boost or a Metal Muff too.

Well I've already got a mxr ten band, and plenty of dirt pedals, not a big fan of the metal muff though. Thanks for the info, its so hard to get a straight answer out of people sometimes.
Just get a BOSS MT-2 or something. The TT is great for crunch, not really designed for heavy metal. I'm hoping to get one soon
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Quote by Dark Aegis
Well I've already got a mxr ten band, and plenty of dirt pedals, not a big fan of the metal muff though. Thanks for the info, its so hard to get a straight answer out of people sometimes.

Okay, if you have dirt and an EQ, then try a boost and perhaps a noise gate.

The MXR Line Driver is nice.
The EHX LPB-1 is only 40 bucks, so it's worth a shot. I use one, and you definitely need a noise gate if you use it, but it works well. Good luck.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
if you can play it loud you'll be ok

i'd get an OD for bedroom usage though
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Stearner
Just get a BOSS MT-2 or something. The TT is great for crunch, not really designed for heavy metal. I'm hoping to get one soon

You want him to ruin the tone of the TT with a Metal Zone?

Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
If you want a small tube amp capable of metal just get a Krank Rev Jr.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by wabuoats

Chappers is win every time.
Quote by imgooley

I agree.

There is also another guy on Youtube that has a Tiny Terror and he just plugged a tubescreamer in front of it and he was playing some Lamb of God riffs and it sounded pretty good.
Quote by imgooley

To be honest with you, I think his tone is horrible! Great playing, but the tone makes me want to shove broken glass into my ears.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
To be honest with you, I think his tone is horrible! Great playing, but the tone makes me want to shove broken glass into my ears.

Hmm...

I love the Orange tone.

ESPECIALLY the Thunderverb.

What is a good tone then? I think his is great.
I like Orange too... not really my thing but I think they are good for what they do. I haven't had a chance to hear a Thunderverb yet.