Page 1 of 2
Heres one I'm halfway through, its gone pretty quick. The body is only 38mm thick, its something a little different than what I'd usually do.

its a 25" scale length, gonna put some Bareknuckles in it.

Last edited by jscustomguitars at Sep 19, 2008,
b-e-a-utiful my friend! I love the finish and the shape! what kind of bridge/tuners are you using?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Its just a cheap chrome T-O-M with Chrome ferrules, Tuner wise its gonna have chrome non locking Sperzels.
Reminds me of Scott Ian's Washburns shape-wise. What finish are you gonna put on it, if any?
Yeah, I though that when I cut it out. Finish wise Im a big fan of just the unstained natural wood but I might do it in a dark brown stain and mask of the sides to give it natural binding. Not sure yet.
are you making these all for yourself JS?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, Im doing a guitar show in November at the NEC in Birmingham so they're gonna be show guitars to try and drum up some orders. They will be for sale at the show and whatever doesnt sell I get for myself!
Ah.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
amazing work man, i sent you pm check it lol

i love your builds, extremely skilled and a very nice guy haha
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Please do the natural binding, I want to see how its done.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
There's a nasty flat spot in that body, 7o'clock in the first pic, and 5 o'clock in the second.

Apart from that it looks cool.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
You're gonna make a killing at that show you're doing, wish i could go to see them in person, i live in Birmingham too.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Man, do you make your own necks?

I'd buy one
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
im loving the wood something chronic, i cant wait to see it finished.
I'd buy his necks and bodies, then do the rest myself.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by LarryTheSecond
You're gonna make a killing at that show you're doing, wish i could go to see them in person, i live in Birmingham too.

I hope so mate, Im bricking it though! lol

Quote by SG310user
Man, do you make your own necks?

I'd buy one

Yeah, everythings done from raw billets
Don't sweat it mate, in the bag.

I can't see any guitar player in the world who wouldn't like a guitar like that, those natural unpainted guitars are quality all over, no painting over the cracks so to speak.

Just out of interest, when is the show? Do you know how much the entry fee is?
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Its November 7th,8th and 9th. I think its about £13 but dont quote me on that coz it goes up every year!
How much would something like this go for do u think? Even tho i live overseas (from you at least), I would love something like this, as the Ultra GP/Ibanez AX/Mira-style guitars are probably my favorite kind, aside from crazy shapes. Idk who wouldn't want something like this, altho the price might be a problem for average joe-types.
Quote by jscustomguitars
its a 25" scale length, gonna put some Bareknuckles in it.

^ its having barenuckles, emg's arent bad either
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by qotsa1998
How much would something like this go for do u think? Even tho i live overseas (from you at least), I would love something like this, as the Ultra GP/Ibanez AX/Mira-style guitars are probably my favorite kind, aside from crazy shapes. Idk who wouldn't want something like this, altho the price might be a problem for average joe-types.

Probably be about £900 when its gone.

Quote by LP Addict
gotta get you away from those emgs mannn your work is too nice for crap pickups such as those.

Bare Knuckles on this one. Anyway dont bash EMG's, I love em! They might not be massivley versatile but theres nothing better than them for heavy stuff IMHO.
they retain the sound of an actual pickup, unlike emgs. emgs sound like emgs... blackouts sound like real pickups, just super hot with higher output than emgs, much cleaner tone, not as muddy/dirty. they are just made better over-all. the only thing people bitch about with blackouts is that they cant do pinch harmonics with them, which people cant bitch about because on an emg you can do a pinch harmonic on accident, with blackouts you have to actually be able to do one.
I might get a pair and see what they're like. I'm having a bit of trouble getting seymours through their distribution in the UK though. Its taking a while.
^ order from the US FTW! I got a pair of 7 string blackouts for like £70 or something rediculous (they're about £150 new)

Please dont start an argument about EMGs, its each to their own andi wil take up valuable thread space

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind

Please dont start an argument about EMGs, its each to their own andi wil take up valuable thread space

Couldnt agree more!
I think everyone on UG should buy from their local "botique" pickup builder...

I, for one, could definitely use the extra cash
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
I think everyone on UG should buy from their local "botique" pickup builder...

I, for one, could definitely use the extra cash

I'm thinking about replacing my Epi's crappy... things with Blackouts.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
^ I wasn't trying to be funny

Just as my sig says... support your local luthier. I'm definitely a fan of the underdog... No sense in making rich guys richer and keeping the poor guy poor

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
It's just the way you do it so often... gets funny after a while.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by LP Addict
SD blackouts.

/argument.

You better be right about these, I've just ordered two sets.
^ you make me weep, my friend

I've heard clips of them. They really DO sound like Passives with more gain/less noise.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I just can't see giving money to large corporations. I hate making rich people richer.

opinion/suggestion: get black knobs and a black bridge. it will look better with the black mounting rings and black EMGs. i think black/natural is a cool color combo too.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Page 1 of 2