http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0262000520

Basically I'm looking for a guitar for home use. My musical tastes are so broad that it's tough for me to find a guitar that is everything I need. Basically I'm looking for a bluesy tone capable guitar with also the ability to play higher gain rhythm tracks. That's the reason I don't feel I can go with a regular tele is that the pups might limit me a bit to much. I've heard a youtube clip of this guitar, and it sounds like with the coil tap it will give me everything I need. Any thoughts or anyone who owns this guitar? Thanks.

EDIT: I also can't tell which colour to go with, anyone have any suggestions between the cherry burst and amber? Thanks again.
If you're worried about versatility, why not a Strat?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
If you're worried about versatility, why not a Strat?

+ 1, get a regular or HSS strat
Guitar & Bass
A Strat couldnt do hi-gain really. So yea, an HH or HSH with a coil tap would be your best bet. That wouldnt be a bad choice at all, but try several guitars like it before you settle on that one.
It looks like a fantastic guitar.. coil taps are very handy. You could even go a step further and get it modded for Jimmy Page wiring and make it even more versatile.

And I like the cherry burst, definitely.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by lefthandman9876
becuase strats are baaadd, they just dont do it for me

You're not the TS though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I had a MIM strat and it just didn't do it for me tonal wise, I just figure with humbuckers in there which are supposedly decent buckers in there (SD Pearly Gates) it may prevent me from upgrading. I have a tough time sticking to one genre, I think this may be the way to go, then if I find as time goes by I'm sticking to blues more than higher gain sounds, an american tele or g&l tele may be what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for the cherryburst recommendation stradivari310, im so torn on whether to get the amber or the burst lol....
Quote by RichieKotzen
SSS strat. Don't let this guy fool you.

1st) regular = sss 2nd) what part of "or" don't you understand. not trying to "fool" anyone. sheesh.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by d_byrne23
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0262000520

Basically I'm looking for a guitar for home use. My musical tastes are so broad that it's tough for me to find a guitar that is everything I need. Basically I'm looking for a bluesy tone capable guitar with also the ability to play higher gain rhythm tracks. That's the reason I don't feel I can go with a regular tele is that the pups might limit me a bit to much. I've heard a youtube clip of this guitar, and it sounds like with the coil tap it will give me everything I need. Any thoughts or anyone who owns this guitar? Thanks.

EDIT: I also can't tell which colour to go with, anyone have any suggestions between the cherry burst and amber? Thanks again.

It's a nice guitar but it's a special edition fender it's probaly gonna be expensive.

However, I'd personally go for a HSS strat, you cant beat the strat's blues tones . The neck humbucker with also allow you to play the higher gain stuff and you won't get much more versatile then a HSS strat tbh. Plus, strats are amazing.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
its not expensive at all, special edition by fender doesnt mean custom shop or anything, there only around 620ish
I just got back from the guitar store, they didnt have the FMT HH but can order it, weird thing is I picked up one guitar that felt really good and sounded good, it was a prs se custom semihollow. I heard bad things about the SE's, I even owned a tremonti SE and hated it, but this semi hollow was lightweight.

So now its just between the Telecaster FMT HH and a SE Semihollow seen here...what do you guys feel is the better bet, im tied each way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-PRS-SE-Custom-Semi-Hollow-W-Gigbag_W0QQitemZ180291219121QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by d_byrne23

So now its just between the Telecaster FMT HH and a SE Semihollow seen here...what do you guys feel is the better bet, im tied each way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-PRS-SE-Custom-Semi-Hollow-W-Gigbag_W0QQitemZ180291219121QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Own it, and Love it. SE Custom all the way
Guitars:
'72 Telecaster Custom
Dean V-coustic
Ibanez ARZ307

Pedals:

Metal Muff
Mastortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Marshall Regenerator
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR Analog Delay

Amp:
Peavey 1x12 Something..
I would rather the PRS to be honest, I'd only buy a fender tele if it was a traditional tele, you can get HH tele shapes from other companies cheaper
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I reckon that's a great guitar.
However, I would choose a Stratocaster if I were looking for versatility. Telecasters are still versatile, though.
Ya I guess everyones got their own tastes. It's just weird I find. I don't pick many guitars up and go wow for under 1000. For some reason the look caught my eye and picked it up and it just felt good? It's weird I've had that happen with custom shop soloists and vintage gear, but never this. I think I'm leaning towards the prs, I understand it's not a "real" prs, but the feeling in my hands is there, and that gives me confidence to progress with it. Thanks everyone

That first paint job (amber rosewood?) looks AMAZING!!!!

Honestly, I'm a really big Fender guy as of late. I went to guitar center today and used a MIM Strat and a Vintage Hot Rod '52 Tele with a Peavey JSX, and could do anything from really bluesy stuff (guys like Hendrix, David Gilmour and Stevie Ray Vaughn are big influences to me) to really like heavy rock/metal/hardcore etc (Tool, Every Time I Die, Thrice. Lamb of God). I actually really love the sound of single coils run through a really high gain amp;' rhythm tracks sound crunchy, and leads are really clean and clear, but harmonically rich. And the hot rod tele was the only guitar where I used to rhythm pickup to actually play rhythm and the lead pickup to do leads!!!

both are damn fine instruments, and a humbucker equipped tele with coil taps is even more versatile. I actually really want the tele in that link now. :[
Ya I'll give it probly another day and make up my mind tmw at the shop. Thanks for all the input
I'm not a fan of humbucker-equipped Fenders, but it seems like a nice buy.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
if you've got the funds, a Les Paul would be a good choice too. It's got a warmer tone than a tele, but it's still hella versatile
Quote by dylanfg
teles are crap also i realised that they dont have enough frets for some solos

That is some serious PHAIL right thar......

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by dylanfg
teles are crap also i realised that they dont have enough frets for some solos

fret on the neck pickup?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.