Ive been playing nearly 2 years now, and have just passed grade 5.

At the moment I'm playing a Westfield E1000 (£80 strat copy) through a Roland Microcube.
I use a different amp for practices/gigging, depending where we are.

I play rock, hard rock, alternative rock, muse/radiohead rock mainly, but I also play bits and pieces of clean blues, or distorted metal (as much as anybody who is still learning. I don't play much of this, not least seriously, just for fun)

I would prefer a H/H pup config.

My budget is about £700-£800.

so far Ive been really taken with the LP Studio and an ESP Eclipse II.
Any thoughts on these, or other recommendations?

I'm staying away from any strat shaped guitars, maple fingerboards, floyd rose hassle, and pointy metal ones (I mean.. eurgh)
Last edited by ginjaninja at Sep 19, 2008,
agile al3000 www.rondomusic.com

check it out. HH pups ebony fretboard/abalone inlays, it's sweet
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
A nice Ibanez maybe?
Dont rule out Fender Mustangs for rock either,
the HH versions are becomming popular,
a friend of mine has one and its got a really nice rock tone to it!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
any recommendations of ibanez's?
i always hear nothing but good things about them, but i think im the only one who is slightly skeptical about them. they all look the same, and only make "superstrats"

at my age, all we care about are good looking gutars, really. i tihnk the sound comes with the price. so im looking for a £700-£800 worth of sound with nice looking shit.

ill check out the mustang thanks i admit i have seen them used by quite a few bands this summer and i never really considered it.
i was tihnking of moving away from fender style intruments, but i wasnt really thinking further than the strat and tele. thanks.

any more suggestions?

and yeah, im 14, soon 15 years old, year 10 in UK

i did grade 5 through rockschool at about easter after one year of playing!
i got a low pass, but that was all i was aiming for.
i dont think you can go wrong with an ibanez prestige, look at jackson too, the jackson dk2m looks mint, depends whether you want a floyd rose or not though as well. yamaha pacifica 812v is meant to be brilliant and is well within budget leaving you enough for an amp upgrade maybe, laney vc15 go really cheap on ebay and get good reviews.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Schecter C-1 Elite? That's my standard recommendation for anyone, but I have a Tempest Custom which sounds great even through my sh*tty 10w amp for alternative type stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
if you're looking at les pauls, definitely take a look at the japanese copies- tokai, edwards, greco, burny, signature, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?