http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7GaM3bbtOw

Ok you may have seen this before. But how do you think the illusion was pulled off?

Are the theorys on youtube are probably wrong as they contain too many flaws.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9_dpTyu3A

A: The audience would have known the stage moved
B: The backdrop would have changed
C: The radar would have picked up the movement
D: (I think) The chopper didnt move.

So what do you think he did?
He put a cloth over the camera... the camera moved to the side where the statue wasn't. He even admitted this and has shown it from a behind the scenes perspective. The audience are in on most of the illusion shows.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I've no idea but I love his flying illusion. It's quite incredible to watch
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
It looks to me like when the blue cloth dropped there was just a black one behind it that filled the space with pitch black making it look missing or something.

But I guess the guy above me knows how it was done, so no point with theories.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
How did the lights shine through it though?

Quote by Jericho114
It looks to me like when the blue cloth dropped there was just a black one behind it that filled the space with pitch black making it look missing or something.

But I guess the guy above me knows how it was done, so no point with theories.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
How did the lights shine through it though?

Haha becuse that wasn't how he did it. I didn't watch the whole video and missed the lights part, sorry.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
It's somewhat like the technology from the TARDIS. There is a shoebox with the physics applied from the TARDIS next to the statue. When he lifts up the cloth, a helicopter airlifts the statue into the box.
Quote by Jericho114
What a disapointment.

Moving platform..

Yep, told you.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Um that's retarded, how can you move the stage and people don't notice? It's a big stage, people can see the sky with stars move, they could hear the stage move
he rotated the platform
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
David Copperfield Rules
they should put him on TV again...

I saw him live a few times around here. I still wonder how he does most of his tricks...

heres my thought on the above SOL trick.
I think the radar was a fake...really, who said it couldn't be?
they never tested that either...

Secondly, the platform could have moved slowly. If you dont pay attention to whats going on except in front of you your brain doesn't react to those unwatched things at that time and therefore nobody sitting down felt the seating area turn around.

Theres no way he could have actually done anything with the SOL, its massive. I really think he did a trick of misdirection, which is very common.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by Jericho114
What a disapointment.

Moving platform..

It's obviously not true.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

I love this. Since I was a kid I've had interest in magic, but I've always known it was fake. So instead of being perplexed by what's actually happening, I was more perplexed with the skill and Ingenuity it takes to perform these tricks (slight of hand being one of my favorites, right next to Grand Illusion). So this makes me very happy :-)
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
He turned the lights off?
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.