So I'm going to be getting a serious job next summer and I wanna save up and buy my self a nice tube head in the range $1500 max.

I'm considering getting:

Marshall Vintage Modern
Marshall JCM TCL Super Triple Lead
Marshall JCM TCL Super Duo Lead

Peavey JSX

Any other suggestions?

I play Hard Rock. (Guns n Roses, Zeppelin) and some stoner rock (Wolfmother, Pink Floyd) and some metal once in a while. (Slayer, Mettalica, etc.)
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I heard the 6505 is good. No experience with it, it's just around that price. Peavey btw.
Peavey 5150 or 6506,
Used Hughes & Kettner Triamp MK1 (which is what I have & love)
Guitar & Bass
Go for the DSL50, it'll probably suit you best of what you play. I think they sound pretty good actually, the TSLs don't really do it for me. The Vintage Moderns are ok... I'm not a huge fan of them, people on here seem to hate them though. They sound kind of shrill and fizzy at lower volumes, but sound nice once you can push the amp loud enough to get the kt66s to break up (which will be rare unless you have an attenuator, kt66s break up much later than el34s, but are more musical sounding imo).

To the people suggesting Peaveys. Seriously, read what the guy plays, he needs a British voiced amp, not an American metal machine.
Too bad you can't save up another 5-600. That puts you in Rocca and Peters range.

A Splawn Competition looks good, too.
Ok, I really like the Triple Channel on the Peavey. I played the combo version and it was amazing.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by imgooley
Too bad you can't save up another 5-600. That puts you in Rocca and Peters range.

+1, at that kind of money in the US you're really close to the really badass stuff. i certainly wouldn't be looking at marshall over there when you have all those, plus soldano etc., to choose from...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Ok, I really like the Triple Channel on the Peavey. I played the combo version and it was amazing.

Then you'll love the EVH 5150 III. I got one brand new on ebay for $1499 US. You should at least try one!
Have fun shopping...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by al112987
Go for the DSL50, it'll probably suit you best of what you play. I think they sound pretty good actually, the TSLs don't really do it for me. The Vintage Moderns are ok... I'm not a huge fan of them, people on here seem to hate them though. They sound kind of shrill and fizzy at lower volumes, but sound nice once you can push the amp loud enough to get the kt66s to break up (which will be rare unless you have an attenuator, kt66s break up much later than el34s, but are more musical sounding imo).

To the people suggesting Peaveys. Seriously, read what the guy plays, he needs a British voiced amp, not an American metal machine.

EXACTLY what i was gonna say!!

TS, i "+1" to the DSL50. Don't listen to the people recommending peaveys. I mean, peaveys are good, just not for YOU. You need a marshall, or any british voiced amp, really.
O O

___
Quote by imgooley

A splawn would be great. What is with the 6505 suggestions? Not really the best for anything other than metal.
Quote by mcrfobtai
A splawn would be great. What is with the 6505 suggestions? Not really the best for anything other than metal.

And only Modern metal.

I don't think it would sound that great playing Sabbath either.
Quote by imgooley
And only Modern metal.

I don't think it would sound that great playing Sabbath either.

exactly, not really the best for pink floyd
Quote by mcrfobtai
exactly, not really the best for pink floyd

Truer words were never spoken.
the tsl is awesome. a lot of people on here don't like it, but I get great reviews on my tone at every show. I play everything from country to blues to rock to metal and the tsl gets me any tone I want.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
How about a Rocker 30?
Ok, so no go on the Peaveys?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The JSX and Triple are great and the crunch channel has a nice marshall crunch to it with the ultra channel being more Mesa. So you get a bit of versatility there. So those two get my vote.
Definitely an Egnater Tourmaster, it's one of the most versatile heads ever. It's got 4 channels, individual power settings for each and can handle anything plus it's 1400 USD.
i dunno whats with everyone saying the 5150 is a metal amp, when it actually derived from someone who plays rock...

im sure you know who that is
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
i dunno whats with everyone saying the 5150 is a metal amp, when it actually derived from someone who plays rock...

im sure you know who that is

Doesn't mean that it sounds good for rock
its also doubtful that he used it. most think he gutted them and played marshalls
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
its also doubtful that he used it. most think he gutted them and played marshalls

Agreed, and EVH's early tone were certainly Marshall plexis.

Its ironic, the last person I think about when I hear a 5150 or 6505 is EVH.

The EVH 5150 III does a pretty decent impression though.