right, this is me being serious so i dont want no comic or smart ass answers, please?

right, iv hit a block and i want to be able to play something new but im not sure what, i love my classic and progressive rock so somethin along those lines, i just need some new artists to play so can you help me with that.

second problem is, im longing for a band but theres no where near me to make one, its just like music means so much to me and i want to be able to progress it as a future career, so with looking at tthe band option being out the way, what other ways culd i satisfy my needs?

well there you go UG community!, Help me with you all might wisdom!

Jamie.

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
Just string power chords together and write some stupid fake lyrics about how much you love and hate her for leaving you.
You'll be signed in no time.

Don't forget to eschew any technicality you may have. Musical talent doesn't sell records.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Try making your own stuff, that branches you out.

Try Muse? :P

Advertise your area, try www.partysounds.co.uk aswel Eventually something always turns up, its how determined you are good luck
Write your own stuff, eventually, everyone will get stifled learning other peoples songs. If you can't write them, get a pop song, and write it as a rock song. It can be really fun you know.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hm, as far as hitting blocks goes I'm sure we all do it. Just listen to something completely different to what you usually listen to but still like the sound of obviously.

Is there any like local music venue you can get involved with? That's usually a good way to meet other people that want to start up a band.
Quote by ThroughtheHaze
Just string power chords together and write some stupid fake lyrics about how much you love and hate her for leaving you.
You'll be signed in no time.

Don't forget to eschew any technicality you may have. Musical talent doesn't sell records.

This.

But seriously, I was, and still am in the same position as you. For the band situation, believe it or not, those musician "classifieds" websites actually have some merit. Give that a try. Maybe do some home recordings and post them on myspace and stuff, just to raise awareness.

As for new stuff to play, try learning some country songs Danny Gatton can teach everyone a thing or two.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
another idea is to take a break. maybe a day, maybe a week, maybe a month. but once u come back you'll have more inspiration and desire to make music.

Good luck =D
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Quote by daniel c b
another idea is to take a break. maybe a day, maybe a week, maybe a month. but once u come back you'll have more inspiration and desire to make music.

Good luck =D

The maybe a day thing is ok.
The maybe a week thing made me cringe.
The maybe a mounth thing made me shed a tear.
What kind of progressive rock do you listen to?
I'd just jam with friends if I were you, it'll give you perspective on how your writing is plus hear other play styles and how well you adapt to them.
I'd also suggest a looper pedal, you can store riffs and bits of songs so you remember them and later put a lot of it together for a full song.

Also, saying "I don't want no comic or smart ass answers" is like begging for them haha.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus