Hi all.

I've had like 10 access attempts on my computer in the last 5 minutes, and would like to know where it was coming from.

So I went on a few websites, but they couldn't find it.

The address is 192.168.1.65, can anyone get a trace on it? Cheers
That's a local IP address (one on your network), not global (i.e. on the internet).
it was me sory
#1 Bad Astronaut Fan
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Im the crazy person on the tv show intervention who does duster.
Yeah that's definitely local. Maybe theres something on your computer thats trying to gain access?
any IP adress that is 192.168 is from your LAN, router, computer, or program
I'm Steve
Arrrr, yer own crew is tryin' do plunder ye!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's stopped now, hooray!

Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT: No it hasn't! Just had another 3 attempts. Any idea what's behind it?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It's stopped now, hooray!

Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT: No it hasn't! Just had another 3 attempts. Any idea what's behind it?

i think the problem is your such a noob your own computer is trying to destroy itself.

na jk, just maybe restart
I'm Steve
192.168.X.X is a private nonroutable IP address meaning it is in your local network. so its either another computer that is connected to the same switch as you.

or if you have a wireless connection someone could be connected through that from outside
That used to happen to me as well. I can't remember what was causing it. All I remember is that I thought my computer was trying to attack itself.
Soudns like someones connecting to your wireless connection
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
If that isn't your computer's local IP address then it's from another device on your network. If you don't have any other devices on the network then check the wireless security on your router. If you don't have any wireless security set up on your router sort that shit out now.

Edit: it's possible that if you do have more than one computer on the network and have windows file sharing enabled that your firewall is blocking the activity related to this and reporting it as an intrusion attempt.
Last edited by MrP at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by Kensai

Avast! Ye knows of Speak Like A Pirate Day!
We shall drink the grog together, me hardy!
if you have a problem with a computer connecting to a switch or router(wireless or not) and doing malicious stuff or hogging all your bandwidth you can connect to it by opening your browser and typing in 192.168.0.1 as the url address.

you will probably be prompted for a user and password which is typically admin/admin or admin/(blank). once in you have an interface with controls for your switch. the switch should show you all the connections that are currently going through it by computer name, IP, and mac address.

jot down the MAC address and find the section to block connections from specific by IP or MAC and type it in. apply settings and that computer can no longer get any kind of connection from your switch.
Quote by dannay
Avast! Ye knows of Speak Like A Pirate Day!
We shall drink the grog together, me hardy!

Arr, we'll have a grog and dance with some wenches matey!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Garr, a mutiny's brewin'.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand