Before we start: My native tongue is not english so please don't remark on grammatical or spelling mistakes.

Hi

I bought a new, cheap, Telecaster with the intention of modifying it to the max and need help.

It's a Mexico made Telecaster and has the poly lacquer (?) and I want it to look old and torn. If I could get it to look like my 60s Jazzmasters or http://www.danbackman.se/bilder/artikel/0150061801_md.jpg it would be ideal. I've understood that it's very hard to make a poly lacquered guitar look worn but this is a test guitar and I don't mind ruining it.
Any suggestions on how to do this?

Second. My dream is to have a switch/button that makes instant feedback. Ie; I'd like to be able to hit a string or two and press a button and make the guitar go WROOOOOOOOOOM without the use of any effect pedals. I don't mind sawing, drilling or cutting out wood. As I said earlier it's a test guitar and I'll happily destroy it so any tips are greatly appreciated.

This is what the guitar looks like right now: http://penexpers.com/mike/fender.jpg

Cheers
Mikael
You can sand it down and repaint it with nitro laquer, or just look up 'relicing' on google and beat it that way. I cant think of a way to do instant feedback though.
I've had a hard time finding useful information on google but the word "relicing" made it a lot easier. Found a lot of good stuff now. Thanks livrockdie!

Still. Suggestions for my second question are still appreciated.
put some jean material on a car buffer and rub it on the guitar. this will simulate years of having the guitar rub against denim jackets/jeans.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
put some jean material on a car buffer and rub it on the guitar. this will simulate years of having the guitar rub against denim jackets/jeans.

+1. This is an awesome idea. Befriend it and make it yours.

Also re: the feedback thing, you'd probably have to create some chamber to place a button-activated noise gate on your guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by romanenko
Second. My dream is to have a switch/button that makes instant feedback. Ie; I'd like to be able to hit a string or two and press a button and make the guitar go WROOOOOOOOOOM without the use of any effect pedals. I don't mind sawing, drilling or cutting out wood. As I said earlier it's a test guitar and I'll happily destroy it so any tips are greatly appreciated.

actually, there is something that can do this.
Fernendez has made a 'Sustainer' pcikup. it runs off of a 9V battery, though. but it has two switches and two modes: one on/off switch, and a switch to go from sustainer to feedback mode.

watch it here
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The denim idea looks like a good one.

As for feedback, one of my friends has a big muff inside his guitar, and uses the switch to toggle bursts of feedback, really cool.
I have an emg afterburner on my guitar, its really usefull for feedbacking, because it gives a 20 db gain boost if i am not mistaken.

It replaces a tone pot, and runs on a 9v battery. You CAN use passive pickups.

when i want extra sustain or that crazy feedback, i just use it wideopen = Instant bliss
The feedback idea would be a tricky one, which would require a lot of hollowing out (it could be done similarly to the EMG afterburner, the Fernandes sustainer or by putting a distortion/OD in your guitar), though if you can do it it would be great.

Now onto the relicing, relicing and making it look authentic can be tricky, however, it is possible, even with little knowledge, I've found, that when relicing guitars, you need to make a "Story" for it, if you just throw your guitar around and sand it a bit, it will most likely not look at realistic, but if you think "The back will have a lot of paint missing due to the scraping against a belt buckle" or "There will be a few chips near the low E string's saddle due to the player wearing a watch" or something like these, you'll be able to picture how it would look after a lot of usage.

One one of my "reliced" strats, well I say reliced, it's half reliced and half actual wear and tear, it suffered a few nasty bumps, I hit these up with wet+dry paper to "smooth" them out and it has given a great effect, you can see the underlayer of the paint as well as the natural wood.
Another of my "reliced" strats, which is all natural, has most of the body lighter in some parts than others, there'll be patches of more "fresh" wood, this was achieved by melting solder, pretty much all over the body (bit by bit though ) I feel it gives a nice effect.

Though there's no better way to relic one, than to actually wear it out (maybe speeding up the process by being a bit violent on the way ).
Thank you all for your kind answers! I have a pretty good idea on what to do now and will document the whole thing and put up pictures once I'm done. Once again; Thanks!