You know, the software that simulates hundreds of amps.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

^lol

Guitar Rig 3 is the best [or at least one of the better ones] out there IMO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Dream Pin
It really isn't.
Peavey Revalver mkIII can sound absoloutely incredible with some tweaking.

The Revalver is good, but GR3 seems to have a nicer, warmer gain.
The MKIII does have nice dynamics, and it does sound VERY good, but GR3 manages to win IMHO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm AMPLITUBE all the way. I have GR 3 and all the Amplitubes - AT wins in my book. I use X-Gear as the "front end" - load AT or AT Metal and usually effects from any of them - I'm recording with Logic Studio (Mac) - X-Gear has a better sound somehow - even using Amplitube 2 (or Hendix or Metal) by itself doesn't sound as RICH as when it's loaded through X-Gear. Better sound engine I believe... others in the IK forums have noticed this too. I also turn off the cabs (bypass option in AT and in Guitar Rig 3 you actually have to close them by clicking the little "x") and load impulse responses for the cab simulations. On my Mac I use LA CONVOLVER or SPACE DESIGNER which is included in Logic to load the impulses. Very FAT and RICH sounding.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Some are really good sounding, just avoid the really cheap ones like Line 6 or Digitech. Everything suggested here so far is really good IMO. The only thing is I've never really been inspired to keep playing when using one of these. It just isn't the same as having a real amp moving some serious air behind you.
line 6 is not bad for cleans and light distortion, but the heavier stuff is not that good. Im trying the demo version of the peavey revalver software and this thing is really suprising me. The high gain tones are really really good. I can't believe how good it sounds for digital amp modeling. Go to the peavey website and try it for free.
Read my post. Not this.