For my music coursework I have to take an existing song and make an arrangement of it, so this would mean composing different things for it, changing the style, etc.

What I was going to do was take Creep by Radiohead and make it a really upbeat ska song, but from all the guitar it just looks too easy.

So, Pit; What song should I take and what should I do with it? I conisdered I Cum Blood, but then I realised that I'm not a retarded 12 year old and I should do something that will actually get me some marks.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
someone in my class did a different arrangement of clocks - coldplay, they just took some notes out gradually from the main piano tune, then started to phase them back in nearer the end, with a backing they composed themselves
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Do an arrangement of Master's Apprentices by Opeth for a marching band, or do a Steve Vai song for Tenor Sax or something.
You could write a new guitar part in the key of whatever Creep is in, can't guess it off the top of my head.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by Eric 666
Do an arrangement of Master's Apprentices by Opeth

Hmm... I may have to consider that. The only problem is that it has to be played live, but I can just get anyone in my school to help play it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Try doing A Whole Lotta Love on the theremin.....
oh wait... never mind

A Kazoo version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. The whole thing. And then layer the kazoos. I would give you about forty e-cookies if you do that
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by MightyAl

I don't think that could get any more metal.
Quote by duncang

at his command
"The Call of Ktulu" has a sweet bass line to it, I bet a Jazz arangement of it would be pretty cool.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Do a two-minute smooth jazz-style intro with guitar, piano, saxophone..... have the melodies woven around a simple structure of chords before the lyrics come in, sung softly: "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..."

Fuck this, I decided I was twelve today.

EDIT: But seriously, anything jazz like has my vote.
Quote by CTFOD
Hmm... I may have to consider that. The only problem is that it has to be played live, but I can just get anyone in my school to help play it.

well I'm sure you can get someone from band to help you out on that, you can play the rhythms and harmonies on guitar and he can play leads and melodies, if you guys can pull it off it would sound brutal.
Kazoo quartet=major win.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Get a pop song and metal it up
Do an acoustic version of a metal song (or any song you like really)

OR
Do
Caliban - I Rape Myself
achilles last stand

deffinetly prme time for summink to be done there
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
If you play any string instruments, then just make an orchestra version of any Led Zeppelin song. Like Achilles Last Stand
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
you've gotta do something to Rick astley
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Eric, you may be on to something here.
Attachments:
Master's Apprentices.zip
Quote by duncang

at his command
a kazoo and cowbell version of i cum blood.
That would be epic.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by CTFOD

that's fucking amazing!

Man...TS, I highly recommend you do this song now that I see how amazing it is arranged for Jazz.
Quote by CTFOD

ahaha that sounded really catchy and cool
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

do a more epic/classical version of God of Thunder. make the verses more technical, or put all the aspects of the song into guitar (minus vocals of course)
Quote by Eric 666
that's fucking amazing!

Man...TS, I highly recommend you do this song now that I see how amazing it is arranged for Jazz.

It shall be done.
Quote by duncang

at his command
metal up omething from les miserbles. that'll get you some points... or lose you some for killing good pieces of music.

but yea also i suppose you could take a well known rock/metal song and jazz it up abit. version of stairway would go down well.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
A heavy grunge version of Panic at the Disco's Nine In The Afternoon.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales