Title says it all...

I'm considering picking up some new picks. Idk which ones to try first though

The Dunlop Jazz III's have received critical acclaim in the guitar playing community lol

While I just played with a dunlop tortex some guy gave to me at GC and I was ****ING AMAZED. Best pick I've ever played with (it was 1mm blue and worn out without powder btw.)

If I pick up a pack of Tortex's I might just try out the green ones (85mm right?)

But how thin are the green Tortex's? I can't stand picks that are flexible and in being so, feel like I'm trying to play with linguine.

(I've played with 50.mm before and those sucked for me)
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
the greens are .88mm, i use them and they dont bend for anything,, and they woln't snap even if you can manage to bend them but they do where down over time ie. 1 pick: constant use+multiple guitars w/ heavy strings+many pick slides+traveled to foreign countries+around 6 months of use= 2 mm less pick

and i also use Jazz III's for some stuff but they're not the best for strumming
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
the greens are .88mm, i use them and they dont bend for anything,, and they woln't snap even if you can manage to bend them but they do where down over time ie. 1 pick: constant use+multiple guitars w/ heavy strings+many pick slides+traveled to foreign countries+around 6 months of use= 2 mm less pick

and i also use Jazz III's for some stuff but they're not the best for strumming

So are the 88.mm solid like the 1mm?

vs. Jazz III's?

EDIT:

Also how much faster to 88mm's wear down than the 1mm?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
well, many people here practically swear by the Jazz III's. I heard a ton of good stuff about them, but I found out they were nylon and I didn't like nylon at all. I used to use the purple Tortex picks (1.14mm) all the time, and loved the feel of Tortex. So I ordered some of the Tortex Jazz picks to give me the Jazz size with Tortex material. Best picks I've ever used. I'd highly recommend those. I ordered them because I could never find them in Guitar Center.

However, if you want an idea to how the green Tortex feels, it's pretty similar in thickness to a Fender Medium, although I think it's about .1 mm more. Great picks though. Keep experimenting with a bunch of them to see what suits you best.
I like Jazz III's more. They're definitely my favourite pick on solidbody electrics (black XL)

Maybe it's just me, but I think that they bring out the character of the notes more, whereas the plasticky tortex just sound plain.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
So are the 88.mm solid like the 1mm?

vs. Jazz III's?

EDIT:

Also how much faster to 88mm's wear down than the 1mm?

.88's are just as solid though if you pay close attention the do flex a tid bit more(about 20nanometers) against heaver acoustic strings than 1mm's

jazz III's are a different plastic that dosent where or flex but they dont have as much friction

it takes months of constant heavy use to where them down at all but the difference isnt that much, honestly i just retired my first pick from being worn down last tues, but theoreticly the 1mm's would last a bit longer

i say get a pack of jaz iii's and tortex of your choice, it's what i do
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Dunlop makes picks the size and thickness of the Jazz II's out of Tortex material. Best of both worlds.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Dunlop makes picks the size and thickness of the Jazz III's out of Tortex material. Best of both worlds.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=11&pmh=products/picks
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You can also get Jazz III picks made out of a different material known as Ultex - those are the Jazz IIIs I personally swear by, although they're damn hard to see when they fall out of your hand 'cause they're semi-translucent yellow.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^I'm looking into trying those, but none of the stores here carry them. So I just use regular black Jazz III's. They're by far my favorite picks, for electric or acoustic.
I use the Tortex for rhythm and the Jazz IIIs give you a super sweet smooth lead tone. I also have the one with the Alligator on it, I don't remember the name but it's 2mm thick and it's pretty cool.
i like the jazz III's but i tend to dorp em for some reaoson... i use some thick purple pick thats the size of an avg pick and it works great... sorry for the lack of info.
Quote by mmolteratx
I use the Tortex for rhythm and the Jazz IIIs give you a super sweet smooth lead tone. I also have the one with the Alligator on it, I don't remember the name but it's 2mm thick and it's pretty cool.

i use tortex .66's for regular playing, and i also have one of those dunlop 2mm ones with the alligator on them, they're grey
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i perfer the jazz III picks over regular sized one because large picks don't feel right to me when i play.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Why not just get few of each type and try them both out? They are only picks...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.