Page 1 of 2
It appears that being a musician come at a DEADLY COST as many of our famous musicians have paid the ultimate price! Murder, suicide, accidents (plane, car and choppers etc), drug related deaths?? Just look at hedrix, joplin, jones, morrison, kurbain (27 club), and others like del shannon, john lennon, otis redding, richie valens, dimebag etc all succummbed to unnatural deaths... Additionally I know of several other non-famous talented muso who also died by all the above methods! There appears to be a deadly price to pay for being a famous musician (or musician in general) and what are your thoughts?

shaggs
Attachments:
220px-JimiHendrix2.jpg
Last edited by shaggz at Sep 19, 2008,
For the above reasons, that's why there's an increase in the emo genre.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Yeah, well I'm a left-handed guitarist. Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix, both left-handed and both died early deaths. I'm f**ked!

Or I can be like Tony Iommi.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Don't forget Dimebag Darrell. Tragic.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
everyone dies eventually.

Think of all the people who haven't died by any of those methods who are musicians. You're blowing it out of proportion.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Eh, there are millions more musicians who died normally than ones who died in exceptional circumstances.

You perceive a higher number becuae they're famous and it's made light of on the news more than if a "normal" person has an overdose and dies.
Quote by maninthebox24
Yeah, well I'm a left-handed guitarist. Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix, both left-handed and both died early deaths. I'm f**ked!

Or I can be like Tony Iommi.

im a lefty too...

and to the TS what about plane related deaths...buddy holly and lynyrd skynyrd ...and others
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
that seems to me like an infinitely better life than to grow old never accomplishing anything in the world of music and then die of cancer.
Quote by metaldud536
More non-musicians die from Murder, suicide, accident, drug related deaths everyday than the famous people who died throughout 5 years.

Exactly what i was thinking.
sex
drugs
rock&roll
speed
weed
birth control
lifes a b***h until we die
so f**k this s**t
let's get high

Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
I wanna die on a toilet
so many have died of the drugs... lucky for me, I'm not stuid enough to begin using drugs...

seriously, what's the point???
Wow, some famous musicians have died of something other than natural causes.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
And look at all of the other musicians who have not been the victim of unnatural causes, and are still living.

Those deaths you mentioned, are happening around the world RIGHT NOW, as we speak/type, except magnified hundreds of times.
The media blows everything out of proportion, and generally highlights those with fame, so we do not hear of the other deaths.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
everyone dies eventually.

Think of all the people who haven't died by any of those methods who are musicians. You're blowing it out of proportion.

Yes death is inevitable and I understand that but i am struggling to: "think of all muso's" who died peacefully in their sleep of old age...

shaggs
These things happen to non-musicians. Its purely coincidence that it also happens to musicians.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by slayaplaya
so many have died of the drugs... lucky for me, I'm not stuid enough to begin using drugs...

When you're rich and famous and things, you can't cope with being on tour, so you take drugs to help. Quite clever in the short term, it would really mellow them out, and hey, it helps with songwriting!

But in the long term, then it's bad, I mean, you run out of money really fast. And then you sell things to catch the high, which is also a good idea in the short term. But then the paranoia settles in, and then it's not so good again. And then more things happen and so on and so on.

So if you plan to take drugs, only do them in the SHORT TERM. Then it would be fine.

Ish.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
In Dime's case, I wouldn't count being shot on stage dying of "natural causes".

But millions of people die from that stuff everyday, it's just the famous people it happen to that you hear about, and take to heart.
the only reason we see this as a huge thing is becuase of media coverage anyways, without those bastards blowing everything out of proportion we wouldn't have this
I'm sure the statistics say that its no worse for musicians than non-musicians, probably better. It's just because you don't know the names, and don't pay attention to the people that die from unnatural causes everyday. Don't you read your local newspaper?

I suppose that drugs-related deaths maybe considered unsurprising due to the fact that they are part of the lifestyle of musicians, but I'd think they would be safer from murder, while suicides are hardly even noticable compared to the same statistic in a group of say, unemployed.
...receiving transmission from David Bowie's nipple antennae...
Quote by slayaplaya

You would know if you had ever tried them
I'm not even a huge fan
But how come no one has said Randy Rhodes?
Quote by metaldud536
More non-musicians die from Murder, suicide, accident, drug related deaths everyday than the famous people who died throughout 5 years.

interesting point...but im specifically takling about musicians not your average joe blow... And your point makes logical sence cause thats life for the general population (pop) but i'm talking about extracting that musician pop out of the general pop and examining that... do you know of any concrete statisics that may exist on this topic cause i would be intersted?

cheers
shaggs
these people don't die because they're musicians. they die because they're people.

not to mention the lifestyle.. a lot of the people mentioned in the list could have survived if they just had some restraint.

the main cause of death was EGO.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Does anyone else think this might be an attempt by that group of fundamentalist Christians to sell those extra DVDs of that 'documentary' "They Sold Their Souls For Rock n Roll."
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by HohnJ723
You would know if you had ever tried them

I know that was a joke, but I really don't see anything good coming from snorting cocaine or shooting heroine...

If I wan't to feel good I just jerk off... easy as that!
Quote by slayaplaya
I know that was a joke, but I really don't see anything good coming from snorting cocaine or shooting heroine...

If I wan't to feel good I just jerk off... easy as that!

My dream is to be the first famous musician to die of a caffeine overdose from consuming way too much Pepsi. I'd love to see that.. All my friends and family crying on camera..

"We tried to warn him, and at first it was just innocent use because he liked the taste.. but soon is spiraled out of control. He was arrested in Mexico for smuggling American Pepsi in, on the grounds that 'Mexican Pepsi sucks'."
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by shaggz
It appears that being a musician come at a DEADLY COST as many of our famous musicians have paid the ultimate price! Murder, suicide, accidents (plane, car and choppers etc), drug related deaths?? Just look at hedrix, joplin, jones, morrison, kurbain (27 club), and others like del shannon, john lennon, otis redding, richie valens, dimebag etc all succummbed to unnatural deaths... Additionally I know of several other non-famous talented muso who also died by all the above methods! There appears to be a deadly price to pay for being a famous musician (or musician in general) and what are your thoughts?

shaggs

kurbain?
Oh man.
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
Quote by shaggz
Yes death is inevitable and I understand that but i am struggling to: "think of all muso's" who died peacefully in their sleep of old age...

shaggs

how many 'normal' people die that way?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
"Stevie Ray Vaugh is dead, but we can't get John Bon Jovi into a helicopter?"
-Sir Denis Leary
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Code-E
I'm not even a huge fan
But how come no one has said Randy Rhodes?

Because that's not his name.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Well, famous musicians are very known, and travel a lot. So they have a bigger tendency to suffer accidents.
About the drug related accidents, that's only their fault, and the consequence of the life they picked to live. Lots of successful musicians live healthy lives.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2