Wow, okay, I took off my pickup ring to paint it, and now that I'm trying to put it back on, I can't. The little springs just won't let me get both sides' screws in, and now one of the springs has fallen into the crevice where the pickups go. And I can't fish it out. Sh*t. Anyone know what I can do to get this to go my way?
Notorious S.I.G.
its easy man, take out the pickup and ring, then atach the spring/ screw to the ring then screw in the whole thing
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Yeah, but the strings are still on because I thought it was bad to take off all the strings, so I can't fit the whole pup out...
Notorious S.I.G.
Quote by admbwr
its easy man, take out the pickup and ring, then atach the spring/ screw to the ring then screw in the whole thing

^ THIS!
O O

___
If you have a trem, block the trem and take off all the strings.

If you don't have a trem, taking off all the strings won't do much unless you leave it like that for a while.

Plus, just go with what admbwr said.
The guitar is not going to snap in half or burst into flames because the strings are off. You can fight with it or take em off put the ring and pickup together and be done with it. If you take it to a shop think they will leave the strings on to replace the pups or paint the guitar?
Haha that happened with me when I got my RG. The guy I got it from on Craigslist had a loose spring and screw.

What I did was position the spring very carefully, and putting the screw right over it, between the ring.

It's more effective if your screwdriver has a magnetic tip.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby