Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8fPJ6zds8

Bill Maher is awesome. His new movie Religulous("religion" and "ridiculous", get it?) is out Oct 3rd. The link is the trailer.

I want to see it so bad. He's hilarious, and hopefully, it'll stir up controversy.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Oh man, that's gonna be good, but I dont think it will stir up that much controversy.
holy crap they actually let him in vatican?
lets hope he doesnt get near the pope haha
Quote by tonedeafidiot
That whole "Why doesn't God just destroy the Devil?" thing just shows he has no idea what he's talking about.

If he is "all powerful" and can create the entire universe in a matter of six days, then why can't he?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
If he is "all powerful" and can create the entire universe in a matter of six days, then why can't he?

1. He doesn't want to, it's part of the end of the world that he will be thrown into a pit.
2. The Devil is NOT the source of all evil. It's man's sin nature.
Some how over the years religion has demanded a lot of respect for some reason, even though it's absolutely stupid.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Mockstairwell
take it to the religion thread
Quote by Mockstairwell

Well, in my opinion, he can, but then everyone would get to heaven no matter how good or evil their souls are. If he doesn't, then we are presented with a choice, even though he knows the outcome, we still have a choice. If he destroyed the devil, wouldn't that get rid of the choice of good (heaven), or bad (evil)?

By the way, this does not reflect my religious views, it's just my two cents on the topic.

EDIT: So I don't get quoted to go to the religion thread (the last place I want to be, I'd rather submit myself to the political thread and hear McCain/Obama fanboys whine and gripe), Bill Maher is kind of a douche bag, kind of funny. He makes good comments and brings up good ideas, and then they lead to what? Stirring up attention? I don't think anyone really cares. But it is sort of funny that he goes up to religious people and just insults their beliefs.
Last edited by pucci6d6 at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49
take it to the religion thread

Psh, you can't just let a statement go unanswered
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
Shit this is gonna be epic.
I lold at the ending
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

If people fully believe in their religion then they should just ignore people who tell them its bullshit because they should know that they're right and going to have a good after life or whatever. But they don't, they try to push their shit onto all of us to try and justify to themselves that what they believe in is real. Im sick of it
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Bill Maher is usually hilarious, but I find that when he goes after religion, his approach is far too simple. I'm devoutly atheist (lawlz), believe me, but there's nothing sophisticated about his approach. He's much funnier, and much more insightful, when he sticks to political satire, IMO.
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
I've never laughed at any joke Bill Maher has ever told. And I used to watch his show a lot and have seen several stand ups.
Bill Maher is spending his time to tell people who have found faith in something they are wrong which is absolutely disrespectful in my opinion.

I was raised Catholic doing schooling and still am but I will NEVER find myself in religious debates because its pointless. I believe that if you have found something ANYTHING to have faith in that is awesome.

Maher hating on people who have found faith in something is something I do not support.
Quote by RocknRollRay
Some how over the years religion has demanded a lot of respect for some reason, even though it's absolutely absurd.

Fixed Now you sound intelligent without being insulting. c wat i did thar?

Anyway... I can't wait for this movie to come out. Because it will likely be intelligent AND insulting
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
It's going to be a great response to Ben Stein's crappy movie.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
1. He doesn't want to, it's part of the end of the world that he will be thrown into a pit.

By the way, I can't help but laugh every time I hear a someone's argument on here about what God can and can't do or what the Bible is and isn't.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Fixed Now you sound intelligent without being insulting. c wat i did thar?

Anyway... I can't wait for this movie to come out. Because it will likely be intelligent AND insulting

Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Looks like a biased, contrived, uninitiated bit of hubris. WHEN will people stop criticizing things they have a poor understanding of? That's very obviously a lack of a critical approach to an issue.
We're only strays.
Quote by FirstAccount
Bill Maher is spending his time to tell people who have found faith in something they are wrong which is absolutely disrespectful in my opinion.

I was raised Catholic doing schooling and still am but I will NEVER find myself in religious debates because its pointless. I believe that if you have found something ANYTHING to have faith in that is awesome.

Maher hating on people who have found faith in something is something I do not support.

I quite agree. But most people have a view about, let's just say Christianity, since this is the Pit, that leads them to think that the religion is harming people. They call them "fundamentalists" and go on about how much bad they're doing and how they should be deported to Alaska or something. Of course it's all complete BS, though.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I quite agree. But most people have a view about, let's just say Christianity, since this is the Pit, that leads them to think that the religion is harming people. They call them "fundamentalists" and go on about how much bad they're doing and how they should be deported to Alaska or something. Of course it's all complete BS, though.

Theres bad people in the world no matter what faith they have. Its not a knock on Christians, Jews, Muslims, Satanists, any religion there just are bad people. It is very wrong to put anyone down for having faith in something no matter what it is.
Quote by FirstAccount
Theres bad people in the world no matter what faith they have. Its not a knock on Christians, Jews, Muslims, Satanists, any religion there just are bad people. It is very wrong to put anyone down for having faith in something no matter what it is.

Again, I agree. This documentary is discouraging that truth, however.
We're only strays.
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Therefore God is the source of evil and shouldn't be worshipped. At least, Luciferians believe God and Lucifer are the same thing.

Edit: I'm trolling. Don't take me seriously.

Bill's problem with religion is that they are changed over time, many religions come together and form other religions, and so to have faith in something when there is proof of tampering is dangerous. Because human manipulation comes into play.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by FirstAccount

So if it was in my faith that child molestation was a glorious act toward my chosen god, I should not be put down for it? Then again, this is assuming that the concepts of good and evil are universal, when in fact they're not. They only work on the small scale, and since the small scale doesn't really exist in this world anymore, thanks to globalization, that doesn't matter or apply.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
"Hey guys lets be intolerant to other people."
"OK LOL XD"

I think that because I'm a member of society, I should be able to speak my mind on other people in society because their beliefs and behavior does affect me. And then, just to be fair.. those people can also speak their minds on what I have to say and what I do.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I agree with most of what Bill says, but he always comes off as an arrogant, condescending douche.
Quote by RocknRollRay
Some how over the years religion has demanded a lot of respect for some reason, even though it's absolutely stupid.

Regardless of how ridiculous religion is, nobody can call themselves decent if they harass people for their beliefs. That's called being bigoted.
only a fool says theres no god
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think that because I'm a member of society, I should be able to speak my mind on other people in society because their beliefs and behavior does affect me. And then, just to be fair.. those people can also speak their minds on what I have to say and what I do.

That is fine,i respect that.but to make an entire movie just to ridicule another persons beliefs is ridiculous.the same goes for the piece of crap ben stein made about creationism.
Quote by CowboyUp
Regardless of how ridiculous religion is, nobody can call themselves decent if they harass people for their beliefs. That's called being bigoted.

I disagree. When the Assassins (religious Islamic sect around the time of the first Crusades) were in strong force, they believed their killing was okay because of religious doctrine. Is it bigoted for me to say this sect shouldn't exist? Should someone not have the authority to neutralize them so their beliefs don't spread, therefore causing more and more killings?
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
That is fine,i respect that.but to make an entire movie just to ridicule another persons beliefs is ridiculous.the same goes for the piece of crap ben stein made about creationism.

Its just a medium to spread ideas. I see no real harm in that.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I disagree. When the Assassins (religious Islamic sect around the time of the first Crusades) were in strong force, they believed their killing was okay because of religious doctrine. Is it bigoted for me to say this sect shouldn't exist? Should someone not have the authority to neutralize them so their beliefs don't spread, therefore causing more and more killings?

Its just a medium to spread ideas. I see no real harm in that.

To believe something is not being bigoted. To harass people for what they believe is.
Quote by Chasepw133
Why did god invent evil?

To make the parties in heaven less boring. He couldn't stand one more game of Yahtzee.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Bill's problem with religion is that they are changed over time, many religions come together and form other religions, and so to have faith in something when there is proof of tampering is dangerous. Because human manipulation comes into play.

I can definitely respect that. I didn't see any notion of that in the preview, though. I guess I'll just have to see the whole thing lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by Chasepw133
Why did god invent evil?

Choice. Otherwise, God would be forcing you to love him which is basically rape.
Page 1 of 2