How do I go about getting Malmsteen's tone/sound? I know the pedals I am going to buy, but what amp should I get for a budget of about 300$?
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
I know he uses the johnson J-Station in the studio, you can get them on ebay for under $100. It gives you a bunch of effects as well as a pretty accurate marshall tone.
Quote by Colgate Total
You're not going to get any near his sound for $300.

You best be trolling.
Malmsteen is noted for using cheap amps and effects. And I'm sure I can get close with a 300$ amp and then get about 15$ in effects later.
Quote by Deezy
You best be trolling.
Malmsteen is noted for using cheap amps and effects.

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

I hope that was a joke, because I just found that Yngwie uses a MG15 as a practice amp.
If ya want yngwies sound, i hear you need to eat donuts, just donuts
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Deezy
I hope that was a joke, because I just found that Yngwie uses a MG15 as a practice amp.

no, no ****in way, i actually guarantee he doesnt
Quote by Eric 666
Oh yeah, and his $6500 Fender Stratocaster, anyone have the link to that video?

Yngwie just has a room full of vintage strasts, which he scalloped. One of the only ones he didn't was one of the first 10 stratocasters...which he sits on the wall among the hundreds of yellow guitars.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Yngwie just has a room full of vintage strasts, which he scalloped. One of the only ones he didn't was one of the first 10 stratocasters...which he sits on the wall among the hundreds of yellow guitars.

"This is one of the first ten made *throw in the pile with the rest, by his vintage DOD 250s and Marshall Stacks*"
Eat doughnuts and drink tea?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
I know some people have said the older Laney AOR series could do Yngwie's sound pretty good.

They've always been described as a hot rodded Marshall.

They made 30, 50, and 100 watters in combos (1-12 or 2-12) and heads.

I see them on the used market all the time.

If you're patient you can find them for less than $300.
Good luck.
Quote by viper62084
no, no ****in way, i actually guarantee he doesnt

Well I guess you have failed yourself as he does:

"MARSHALL MG15DF-X
Yngwie brought this amp out with him on the 2003 G3 tour for use in his dressing room, a very cool little amp. Yngwie playing through this amp can be heard at the start of Yngwie's chapter on the G3 Live In Denver DVD. Yngwie runs a DOD YJM308 and Boss NS-2 before the input but a Malmsteen tone can be obtained without by maxing the gain and having all EQ at approx 12 o' clock."

http://www.yngwiemalmsteen.net/amps.htm
Quote by Snapple
If ya want yngwies sound, i hear you need to eat donuts, just donuts

Say what you want, he's much better than you could ever even hope to be.
You do realize that the MG is for warming up and you will sound NOTHING like Yngwie without his 1987 Marshall. You also need a scalloped fretboard and an excellent vibrato to sound like him. Wait a while and save up.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by Deezy
Well I guess you have failed yourself as he does:

"MARSHALL MG15DF-X
Yngwie brought this amp out with him on the 2003 G3 tour for use in his dressing room, a very cool little amp. Yngwie playing through this amp can be heard at the start of Yngwie's chapter on the G3 Live In Denver DVD. Yngwie runs a DOD YJM308 and Boss NS-2 before the input but a Malmsteen tone can be obtained without by maxing the gain and having all EQ at approx 12 o' clock."

http://www.yngwiemalmsteen.net/amps.htm

You're sorely mistaken if you think that was anything more than a PR stunt. Btw, his Marshalls are not made in 1987, but rather that is the power rating at the above poster. His tone is from a pushed Marshall with a DOD overdrive. The thing is though, even if you have an overdriven Marshall style amp, his real tone comes from his playing and fingers, which you can never have for any player.
By his signiture od pedal ($30) and a strat and put his pickup in it, o and buy some vintage 70's marshall stacks, no biggy
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
His complete rig is in the back of this months guitar world.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?