I'm going to try and explain this as well as I can, just know that I am terrible at explaining things, if you knew me for a while you would know this.

I can't write a song to save me life. I have tried to sit myself down with a pen and paper and write a decent song that means somerthing. All I do is stare at the paper. This is the most insperational part of my life, there is so much going on right now around me and I still can't put one damn word on the paper. I completely gave up writing songs in March, I just stopped trying. There was no point in waisting my time. I REALLY want to write just one God forsaken song. I don't care if I go no where with it. I don't even care if there's music to it. I want to write a damn song. What do I do?
How 'bout:

I sit on you, i sit on you...
This is what i do.
I sit on you, i sit on you...
This is what i do.

O O

___
stop thinking about it. it sounds like it has become more of a chore. if that's true, you'll get no fun or meaning out of it. sometimes it just takes time
well its not just gonna come to you and bam, you have a great song.

maybe start writing come words, like you havent been doing for the past eight months.

the reason you havent written anything down is probably because your to critical about your ideas.

just write them down, no matter how shit they are, and after a while, you will see what works, see what doesnt. and have something written.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
well its not just gonna come to you and bam, you have a great song.

maybe start writing come words, like you havent been doing for the past eight months.

the reason you havent written anything down is probably because your to critical about your ideas.

just write them down, no matter how shit they are, and after a while, you will see what works, see what doesnt. and have something written.

sounds like a good idea, ill try it if i ever get myself to sit down and try again......
Quote by gtrplyr
sounds like a good idea, ill try it if i ever get myself to sit down and try again......
cop out.
go here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850457
read the first post to find this week's topic, then write a verse.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Brainstorm, jot down a couple sentences, random words, find chords to your song first also. Um, play and sing along.

I probably shouldn't say anything because I'm as bad at it.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

Some were born to play others are born to write, I've only written 1 song (if a bunch of random drum beats a few riffs and a chorus count) and I didn't sit and think for hours it just came to me when a girl really pissed me off.
i have always been able to write songs with no problem so maybe i can help. what i do is i just blank out my mind and focus on my current mood. sad, mad or whatever i just write. if i dont like the song either i throw it away or just change it later. sometime it also helps to just think of a topic and just run with that. just dont put pressure on yourself thats the worst thing to do. hope this helps.
usually I'm better off writing music that expresses how i feel, but sometimes a catchy line comes to me

when i think of a line or two i put them in a notebook. sometimes it stops there, sometimes i write a verse. when that little inspiration is out, i shut the notebook until i think of something else that sounds like a song lyric. it starts as just a collection of things that are in completely different moods and such, but i go through it every once in a while and pick out ones that are in a common theme and make a song.
Accepting no constraints from without, we countenanced none within ourselves, either, and found that the world opened before us like the petals of a rose. ~ CrimethInc.
not every1 was made to write
get a urself a bandmate whose good at it
it takes me awhile too like people have been saying just chill and dont be so critical of yourself and a song will probably come to u every now and again and you'll have fun with it
thats the way it works for me anyway
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Stop listenin to A7X. That should help. Im sorry dude. I had to.

Seriously though, just go dude. You play an instrument? Were you makin Hendrix quality riffs when you started out? Have you ever? just trust me man. Youre gonna write a whole lotta sh*t before you get anything good. Find good lyrics that you like and read those more. Read more in general.