I have a JCM900 50watt dual reverb halfstack that I love, it has 2 channles however it only has one set of settings knobs(which u probobly already know) so what might sound good on clean doesent sound great on the lead.....My fisrt thought was to get an overdrive pedal since i play blues. However the pedals that were mentioned to me (bad monkey,screamin blues,bigg muff) all seemed to have a description like "gives that real tube overdrive sound" lol keep in mind my marshall is a tube amp and has REAL tube sound so would I only be cheating myself by getting a pedal? So my next thought was an EQ pedal which someone mentioned to me should I do that? What exactly is an EQ pedal? I really want to get a great blues sound out of my amp even though marshalls arent made for blues id love to find an intresting way to get a great and very unique blues sound out of my marshall...What can help me do that the best? HELP lol.

Thanks in advance.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Just get a Blues Driver or an Ibanez Tube screamer.
They say tube sound for advertizing but obviously sound way better through a tube amp anyways so just get a pedal.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Get a true bypass overdrive and use it as a boost.