I have a Fender FM100H solid-state head that's producing ridiculous feedback everytime the volume is past 3 or distortion is past 7. It used to work perfectly when I got it, cables and everything else are fine. What could be causing this?

I can get sound clips if nescessary.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
volume is past 3 or distortion is past 7.
That's most likely your problem
Keeping it real since '92
It's a SS head. You are probably experiencing what is known as 'solid state clipping'.

It happens.

What kind of guitar and how close to the amp are you?
Quote by imgooley
It's a SS head. You are probably experiencing what is known as 'solid state clipping'.

It happens.

What kind of guitar and how close to the amp are you?

I have two Strats and a Schecter C1. The most I've stood away from my amp recently was about 15 feet, the feedback made the same exact pitch no matter what distance i was though.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

It feeds back with every guitar you use, regardless of the cable?

Solution: turn the gain down.
Quote by imgooley
It feeds back with every guitar you use, regardless of the cable?

Solution: turn the gain down.

I was looking for more of a technical answer. I'm not going to sacrifice my tone to stop the feedback when obviously something is wrong with the head, as it worked perfectly fine when I first got it.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

that's a shorter technical answer. too much gain causes excess noise on an already noisy amp.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Lgndkllr777
I was looking for more of a technical answer. I'm not going to sacrifice my tone to stop the feedback when obviously something is wrong with the head, as it worked perfectly fine when I first got it.

I doubt many of the tech heads here have intimate knowledge of transistors and the schematics of the Fender Frontman, an amp abhorred by most of UG.
Is it still under warrenty?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
If its not your guitars or cables and you have tried running with no pedals to eliminate that potential. Frontman amps arent known for their reliability. So its a good chance its an internal problem and if not under warranty it could be pretty expensive to find the problem. So you need to sacrifice your tone or deal with the feedback. Sorry just a fact you dont get much in the way of quality in 100 watt amps for 249 bucks.