So ive been playing electric for about a year now, im devoted to it but im still learning a lot about guitar, I need a good acoustic for under 400 bucks, the pickup in it doesnt really matter, since i dont really plan on plugging it in too much, I just want a decent acoustic for under 400, preferably with a built in tuner.

Ive been looking at a few ibanez acoustics
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
maybe try martin they have very nice acoustics
Thanks for reading this... Ladies
oh yeah, links to these guitars would be nice, I definately can not go over 400 though, least no more than 50 dollars, i just bought a new amp and my parents would flip a shit if i ask for something expensive.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
get an ovation, they have one with 24 frets (24 on the higher note) it's really slim like an electric, thats my next acoustic, if not for ovation i probably wouldn't get another acoustic.
Quote by jefffelker40
get an ovation, they have one with 24 frets (24 on the higher note) it's really slim like an electric, thats my next acoustic, if not for ovation i probably wouldn't get another acoustic.

i hear people on this site bad mouth these, is there something wrong with them? I know they have unusual sound holes, how does this affect the sound?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
i hear people on this site bad mouth these, is there something wrong with them? I know they have unusual sound holes, how does this affect the sound?

My buddy has one it sounds fine, but the action on it is really high. Neither of us think its playability is very good.
Quote by tona_107
My buddy has one it sounds fine, but the action on it is really high. Neither of us think its playability is very good.

I know its hard to find good playability with cheaper acoustics, but this is really important for me.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i have an ibanez classical. its a pretty decent guitar its got a built in tuner and its like $300. im pretty sure they make it in regular acoustic too not just classical
Quote by The Jake
i have an ibanez classical. its a pretty decent guitar its got a built in tuner and its like $300. im pretty sure they make it in regular acoustic too not just classical

i played a 300 dollar ibanez acoustic with a built in tuner a while back, i think that is what your talking about, seemed pretty decent for the price range.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I wish people would be around the acoustic forum more before they post these threads. There are so many that you can learn all you need to just from reading the onld ones. But anyway, stay away from ibanez acoustics. They have very poor craftsmanship and there are much better acoustics in that price range with what you are looking for. Also, he says he won't be plugging in much, so ovations should be out too. Great sound plugged in, but unplugged, and especially in this price range, they are very meh.

What you need to be looking for is a guitar from Takamine, Alvarez, Breedlove, Seagull, etc. Companies that specialize in acoustic guitars. After you find the right brand, you need to find the right specs. In this price range you more than likely won't find all solid wood guitars, but you can find giutars with a solid top and back. Solid wood is VERY important in acoustics. It sounds much better than laminate and ages much better as well. What you reallly need to do is make a list of guitars that interest you and try them out at your local GC/guitar store. That way you can hear what the guitar actually sounds like and how it feels. It is extremely important to do this or else you might spend 400 bucks on something you don't like.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I wish people would be around the acoustic forum more before they post these threads. There are so many that you can learn all you need to just from reading the onld ones. But anyway, stay away from ibanez acoustics. They have very poor craftsmanship and there are much better acoustics in that price range with what you are looking for. Also, he says he won't be plugging in much, so ovations should be out too. Great sound plugged in, but unplugged, and especially in this price range, they are very meh.

What you need to be looking for is a guitar from Takamine, Alvarez, Breedlove, Seagull, etc. Companies that specialize in acoustic guitars. After you find the right brand, you need to find the right specs. In this price range you more than likely won't find all solid wood guitars, but you can find giutars with a solid top and back. Solid wood is VERY important in acoustics. It sounds much better than laminate and ages much better as well. What you reallly need to do is make a list of guitars that interest you and try them out at your local GC/guitar store. That way you can hear what the guitar actually sounds like and how it feels. It is extremely important to do this or else you might spend 400 bucks on something you don't like.

thanks, could you give me links to a few of these in my price range?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I don't really know much about guitars in this price range other than the knowledge I have already given you. What I would suggest you do is go to the "Which Guitar Under $300?" thread at the top of the Acoustic & Classical forum. Anything in there will be good and most of the guitars have links to musiciansfriend.com or guitarcenter.com. Good luck finding something!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I don't really know much about guitars in this price range other than the knowledge I have already given you. What I would suggest you do is go to the "Which Guitar Under $300?" thread at the top of the Acoustic & Classical forum. Anything in there will be good and most of the guitars have links to musiciansfriend.com or guitarcenter.com. Good luck finding something!

thanks, youve been a lot of help. ill check out that forum and do a little looking around on gc site, might post a few i find here.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Avoid Martin, Taylor(not that you can get one for $400), and Ovation in this price range.
Avoid Ibanez and Fender at all price ranges.

Try checking out the under $300 thread. All the guitars worth mentioning are already in there.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Those are all great. What I would do is see if your local GC has them and try them out to see which one sounds best to you.

EDIT: The worst one is the Yamaha FX335. It has a laminate top as opposed to the other three that have a solid top. This is EXTREMELY important for tone.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Those are all great. What I would do is see if your local GC has them and try them out to see which one sounds best to you.

EDIT: The worst one is the Yamaha FX335. It has a laminate top as opposed to the other three that have a solid top. This is EXTREMELY important for tone.

Agreed.
Equipment:

ill try these out next time i go to GC, which probably wont be for a while seeing i live about an hour and a half away from the closest one

any more suggestions?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
also, are the john lennon epiphones any good?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

This. I got mine blemished for $210, a case for $80. So that's $290. I think they have a new (not blemished) for $250 now. It has a great tone, especially with Martin strings. I ordered mine online without ever trying it, only trying the hummingbird, and I like it a lot.

edit: the "blemish" consisted of a tiny scratch on the pick guard. Only noticeable when the light hits it just right.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I use a Ibanez AEF series electro-acoustic myself, and damn, I have to say that the built-in tuner comes in extremely useful, especially for someone like me who likes to experiment in play in many different tunings. Most Ibanez electro-acoustics get pretty high ratings on most sites, it seems, and I'm happy with mine until I can get enough to buy a Taylor.
to the guy above me, i never trust guitar site ratings for one main reason, the people reviewing usually havent played many guitars better than the one they have and write the reviews 5 days after getting the guitar.

they all also sound like this:

OMGAHS BESTZ GUITRZ EVA!!!

This guitar plays all the genres I play and the features is awezomes, it only 300 dollars too you will never need another guitar, it sounds really great and its the only thing u eva need. buy buy buy.

that is why I dont trust online reviews, thats why i ask around here.

But seriously, gimme a link to your guitar?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Here's a link, and this is the color of mine too.

http://www.ibanez.com/ACOUSTIC/guitar.aspx?m=AEF30EMS

The only thing I should warn about it is its size, especially since you said you don't plan to plug it in too much. It's quite a small-bodied guitar, though there are different series; the AEL series are pretty big. It's like, most people I know own these huge dreadnought guitars(though I hate dreadnoughts), and unplugged these are like midgets, you can't hear them at all and they have so little presence.

But on the other hand, I really enjoy the sound of Ibanez acoustics and electrics, and compared to many other guitars I tried, they have some of the thinnest and fastest necks.
id like a balanced guitar, not too big, but not so small that it cant be heard unplugged.

im a pretty small guy so nothing too big, but im a tone***** so if i have to get a big one, so be it
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Avoid ibanez. they have horrible quality control and that guitar isn't even made of solid wood.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Avoid ibanez. they have horrible quality control and that guitar isn't even made of solid wood.

ive heard this, the ones ive mentioned though, how are they on size?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
what do you mean size?
Equipment:

like how big the body is, I dont want something so big that I can barely play it, im not a big guy, if this makes any sense to you
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by captivate

Well, this sure makes me feel a lot better about my guitar.... Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
Well, this sure makes me feel a lot better about my guitar.... Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.

theres probably a few good ones out there, but yeah you do get what you pay for i guess.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
They are all about the same size. Acoustic guitars are never really that comfortable at first, but you'll get used to it.

@ THE NEKRYPH - As long as you're happy with it then that's fine. I'm just suggesting that there are better choices.
Equipment:

oh alright, thanks everyone
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
alvarez in my opinion is probably your best bet in the below $400. you really have to go to the store though and try it out yourself.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143