i almost enough money from my job to get a new bass, and i dont want to just get an ordinary bass, so i choose a fretless. but i needed a 6 string version and this was all that came up

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MTD-Kingston-KZ-6String-Fretless-Bass?sku=513946

i was just wondering if this brand is trustable because i don't see anybody buying them or anything. i really like this bass and i love the burled maple. any help or experiences ?
Very good brand.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you're spending $1,400 wouldn't you want to play it?
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Quote by HighPotency
It looks like a nice bass. And from the description sounds like one too. However... why are you getting a fretless 6 string?!

+ 1
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Unless you're a die hard fan of Les Claypool and you wanna be just like him, and if you are, that's nothing bad, but I doubt you'll need a fretless 6. Other than some Primus songs, no one really uses fretless sixers, and it's usually pretty difficult to incorportate them into songwriting.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Taygunov
why not

If you want it I guess.
It is a good brand.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Robertino Pagliari also does some amazing things with a fretless 6. And to answer your question MTD is a great brand, real high quality
Hey fly-by-night, what's Heilmittel?
I'm too lazy to grab my German - English dictionary...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Hey fly-by-night, what's Heilmittel?
I'm too lazy to grab my German - English dictionary...

The sentence means "Musicman is the only cure for gas" Heilmittel means to remedy/cure
    Quote by Fly-By-Night

The sentence means "Musicman is the only cure for gas" Heilmittel means to remedy/cure

Thanks!
      Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
      Quote by Cody_Grey102
      Unless you're a die hard fan of Les Claypool and you wanna be just like him, and if you are, that's nothing bad, but I doubt you'll need a fretless 6. Other than some Primus songs, no one really uses fretless sixers, and it's usually pretty difficult to incorportate them into songwriting.

yea i knew people would mention me copying less, but its not really that, its just that i'm pretty dedicated to sixers and a fretless wouldnt get me un-used to them if you understand what i mean
      Warwick makes a bunch of fretless 6-strings. They costs alot. But there are other ones out there.

Edit: Come to think of it Yamaha might have a fretless 6-er in the TRB series.
      Last edited by Captain Insano at Sep 19, 2008,
      Why NOT a 6-string fretless? It's not like it limits you or anything. I have one and I don't regret it at all. However, it doesn't look nearly as sexy as that.
      I always say that you should try before you buy. In the case of spending nearly 1.5 grand, I feel it's even more important. Have you played it? If you haven't, how do you know you like it? If you're spending so much money on a bass, you should be damn sure you like the feel and the tone, and that's something that someone can't really help you decide with.
      Quote by Deliriumbassist
      I always say that you should try before you buy. In the case of spending nearly 1.5 grand, I feel it's even more important. Have you played it? If you haven't, how do you know you like it? If you're spending so much money on a bass, you should be damn sure you like the feel and the tone, and that's something that someone can't really help you decide with.

this. when I first started playing, I wanted an Attitude Bass, the Billy Sheehan thing.

even if I can play that neck, it was just too big. and it didn't sound as nice as a certain nearby Ibanez.
      that I will never get.
      Quote by FatalGear41
      I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
      HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom