i almost enough money from my job to get a new bass, and i dont want to just get an ordinary bass, so i choose a fretless. but i needed a 6 string version and this was all that came up

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MTD-Kingston-KZ-6String-Fretless-Bass?sku=513946

i was just wondering if this brand is trustable because i don't see anybody buying them or anything. i really like this bass and i love the burled maple. any help or experiences ?
Very good brand.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you're spending $1,400 wouldn't you want to play it?
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Quote by HighPotency
It looks like a nice bass. And from the description sounds like one too. However... why are you getting a fretless 6 string?!

+ 1
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Unless you're a die hard fan of Les Claypool and you wanna be just like him, and if you are, that's nothing bad, but I doubt you'll need a fretless 6. Other than some Primus songs, no one really uses fretless sixers, and it's usually pretty difficult to incorportate them into songwriting.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Taygunov
why not

If you want it I guess.
It is a good brand.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Robertino Pagliari also does some amazing things with a fretless 6. And to answer your question MTD is a great brand, real high quality
Hey fly-by-night, what's Heilmittel?
I'm too lazy to grab my German - English dictionary...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Hey fly-by-night, what's Heilmittel?
I'm too lazy to grab my German - English dictionary...

The sentence means "Musicman is the only cure for gas" Heilmittel means to remedy/cure
    Quote by Fly-By-Night

The sentence means "Musicman is the only cure for gas" Heilmittel means to remedy/cure

Thanks!
      Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
      Quote by Cody_Grey102
      Unless you're a die hard fan of Les Claypool and you wanna be just like him, and if you are, that's nothing bad, but I doubt you'll need a fretless 6. Other than some Primus songs, no one really uses fretless sixers, and it's usually pretty difficult to incorportate them into songwriting.

yea i knew people would mention me copying less, but its not really that, its just that i'm pretty dedicated to sixers and a fretless wouldnt get me un-used to them if you understand what i mean
      Warwick makes a bunch of fretless 6-strings. They costs alot. But there are other ones out there.

Edit: Come to think of it Yamaha might have a fretless 6-er in the TRB series.
      Last edited by Captain Insano at Sep 19, 2008,
      Why NOT a 6-string fretless? It's not like it limits you or anything. I have one and I don't regret it at all. However, it doesn't look nearly as sexy as that.
      Quote by Yerjam
      Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
      I always say that you should try before you buy. In the case of spending nearly 1.5 grand, I feel it's even more important. Have you played it? If you haven't, how do you know you like it? If you're spending so much money on a bass, you should be damn sure you like the feel and the tone, and that's something that someone can't really help you decide with.
      Quote by Deliriumbassist
      I always say that you should try before you buy. In the case of spending nearly 1.5 grand, I feel it's even more important. Have you played it? If you haven't, how do you know you like it? If you're spending so much money on a bass, you should be damn sure you like the feel and the tone, and that's something that someone can't really help you decide with.

this. when I first started playing, I wanted an Attitude Bass, the Billy Sheehan thing.

even if I can play that neck, it was just too big. and it didn't sound as nice as a certain nearby Ibanez.
      that I will never get.
      Quote by FatalGear41
      I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
      HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom