Page 1 of 2
Yes with breaks to eat in between.

My fingertips=raw meat

Yes I was sick and home from school today so I had nothing more productive to do.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I hate practicing for 3+ hours in a day and being only as good as you were yesterday/or worse. Wait, that's been my whole summer
cool i guess...
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Your calluses are going to be harder than a teenagers unwanted erection when he's called up to solve equations at the blackboard.

Congratulations on the practice, though. I'd never have the patience to practice for that long.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
yeah I'm like in the middle of practicing all day. i mean sure Ive got my HSC trials in like a day, and i should be studying but...
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by saphrax
There's something more productive than playing guitar?

My parents wanted me to stay in bed all day.

I ended up in my computer chair with my guitar in my lap playing all day.

To them, that's not productive. To me that's a damn good practice session lol.

EDIT: I kept thinking of Matt Heafy saying he used to practice 7 hours a day as kid or something. I was like "Well it IS good practice".
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Powerhouse
k cool

urdoinitrong

K, koo.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i was sick today too. i wish i had the energy to practice for that long today.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
What made me stop at 9 hours you ask? I got a sudden craving for some tuna fish. So I made a tuna sandwich and dipped my raw fingertips in a bowl of ice cubes.

Yes my left hand is in a bowl of ice cubes (soon to be cold water) right now. It was worth it though.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Honestly, if I'm feeling up to it I'll wake up early and see if I can break my record over the weekend.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Novacane...
I hate practicing for 3+ hours in a day and being only as good as you were yesterday/or worse. Wait, that's been my whole summer

it only seems that way, but you really are improving.

...or you're practicing wrong.
Quote by HighPotency
Call Guinness.

Lol why what's the record?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
for me i either spend 3-9 hours practicing songs and rocking out or 1-2.5 hours actually praticing exercises in front of a metronome, pretty much all this week i did the latter (i usually see more progress when i take that path) but i took a break today and spent the last 3 hours jamming out to Death, Ozzy, and Metallica. hey, its friday. unfortunatly im not one of those steve vai people who can practice linear picking exercises for 5 hours
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
hearing that makes me want to practice.

im gunna do that or maybe even more tomorrow. since i got absolutly nothin to do
Quote by TheBodomBullet

My fingertips=raw meat

Yes I was sick and home from school today so I had nothing more productive to do.

Good for you.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
for me i either spend 3-9 hours practicing songs and rocking out or 1-2.5 hours actually praticing exercises in front of a metronome, pretty much all this week i did the latter (i usually see more progress when i take that path) but i took a break today and spent the last 3 hours jamming out to Death, Ozzy, and Metallica. hey, its friday. unfortunatly im not one of those steve vai people who can practice linear picking exercises for 5 hours

I'm unaware of linear picking exercises. Links to said exercises?

I might challenge myself sometime this weekend or next week.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I'm unaware of linear picking exercises. Links to said exercises?

I might challenge myself sometime this weekend or next week.

what i mean by that is just picking exercises in general that are not in song form. check out Steve Vais 10 hour workout (in October 07 gutiar world or you can download it for free as a PDF somewhere)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
what i mean by that is just picking exercises in general that are not in song form. check out Steve Vais 10 hour workout (in October 07 gutiar world or you can download it for free as a PDF somewhere)

RAWWWRRRrr

brb lookin for download
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
so what were you practicing for those 9 hours
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
so what were you practicing for those 9 hours

A bunch of songs. Some techniques.

The best thing I got out of today was Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr (solo included) and I'm infinetely more comfortable at doing triplets. Other than that I practiced some other stuff I knew a bit of but didn't fully grasp like Kirsute Gomen and One. A LOT of exercises. The one thing that still gets me out of all the hours I put in was the last fast part to Almost Easy by A7x (I'm learning it for the hell of it). Doesn't sound right I;m thinking it's the tabs.

I'm still working on Down From The Sky solo (today was a Trivium day lol)

I attempted Trivium's self titled track off Shogun...let's not get started on that...

But yeah my fingers feel happy right now...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
A bunch of songs. Some techniques.

The best thing I got out of today was Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr (solo included) and I'm infinetely more comfortable at doing triplets. Other than that I practiced some other stuff I knew a bit of but didn't fully grasp like Kirsute Gomen and One. A LOT of exercises. The one thing that still gets me out of all the hours I put in was the last fast part to Almost Easy by A7x (I'm learning it for the hell of it). Doesn't sound right I;m thinking it's the tabs.

I'm still working on Down From The Sky solo (today was a Trivium day lol)

I attempted Trivium's self titled track off Shogun...let's not get started on that...

But yeah my fingers feel happy right now...

One is a bit daunting at first with all the sweeps and tapping but after a bit of practice it becomes second nature, i can do all of kirks parts, but i have troubel with james part at the end.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by TheBodomBullet

My fingertips=raw meat

K, koo'. Now go find a girl to do the real thing on.

I kid, I kid.

Good job though, my max is like an hour .
Quote by Fuzzbox91
One is a bit daunting at first with all the sweeps and tapping but after a bit of practice it becomes second nature, i can do all of kirks parts, but i have troubel with james part at the end.

x2

But I honestly feel like Pull Harder was/is harder for me (no pun intended). All those triplets and all that alternate picking at the end was damn near impossible for me to grasp. Eventually I got it. I just g2 work on getting it to a good speed now.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well 9 hours of practice really doesn't tell us a whole lot. You prolly just played along to your favorite songs for a while, noodled around, did some "improv", jacked off, noodled around after not washing your hands, blah blah, blah blah.

If you're sitting at your computer with your guitar in your lap, chances are you're not doing anything too productive. Practicing for a long time is cool, but you can be just as productive in 9 hours of dicking around as say... 2 hours of good concentrated, focused, meaningful practice. (As in practicing what you're bad at).

Just my take after reading the first page.
But good for you. I know how it is to just sit and play for rediculous amounts of time.
I can't do it anymore because upright robbed me of my electric skills and my fingers are all blistered and sore... Blehhh.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I played for 12 hours today. My fingers are literally bruised and hurt like hell to the point of unplayability but I'm still going because I have work on my classical guitar and make 3 songs by the end of the month Quit complaining.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I used to be able to practice like that but now guitar has turned into more of a hobby than a job. I used to think I could be a rock star, now I have guitar hero for that .
Quote by King Of Suede
Well 9 hours of practice really doesn't tell us a whole lot. You prolly just played along to your favorite songs for a while, noodled around, did some "improv", jacked off, noodled around after not washing your hands, blah blah, blah blah.

If you're sitting at your computer with your guitar in your lap, chances are you're not doing anything too productive. Practicing for a long time is cool, but you can be just as productive in 9 hours of dicking around as say... 2 hours of good concentrated, focused, meaningful practice. (As in practicing what you're bad at).

Just my take after reading the first page.
But good for you. I know how it is to just sit and play for rediculous amounts of time.
I can't do it anymore because upright robbed me of my electric skills and my fingers are all blistered and sore... Blehhh.

Well I was sitting at my computer for easy access to tabs when I needed them. Plus my computer chair is big and comfy
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Novacane...

You're suppose to play the guitar, not hump it =p
Quote by nan0
You're suppose to play the guitar, not hump it =p

x2

You playin with strings son?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Novacane...

Yeah, same here lol
I played 8+ hours a day all last summer, that was when I was still learning new stuff every day, now i only have the attention span for a max of 3 hours, it's a little sad. I think my max was the time i played for 24+ hours at once, it was a sunday in july, the day I learned like 40% of the techniques I use now. I'm thinking of writing some lyrics about it then busting some fat solos over the top, but not 'till I'm a bad ass guitar slinging super rocker. But yeah, it's a good habit to get into, the whole "Playing lots of hours" thing.
Quote by NathanWolff
I used to be able to practice like that but now guitar has turned into more of a hobby than a job. I used to think I could be a rock star, now I have guitar hero for that .

Shame.
Page 1 of 2