Specifically Jazz/Classical. I was going through a few brochures sent to me, and I don't think even one of them mentioned anything about guitar. I'd really appreciate any help regarding this!
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Berklee School of Music in Boston, it's the best music school in the US, Vai went there and so did most of Dream Theater for awhile. I know both David Fiuczynski and Joe Stump teach there and I know people who go there and say it's sweet. Its my first choice for college. North Texas is pretty good too, Andy Timmons and my old guitar teacher both went there awhile ago. Juliard may have a jazz program and I know they have classical.
Quote by mmolteratx
Berklee School of Music in Boston, it's the best music school in the US, Vai went there and so did most of Dream Theater for awhile. I know both David Fiuczynski and Joe Stump teach there and I know people who go there and say it's sweet. Its my first choice for college. North Texas is pretty good too, Andy Timmons and my old guitar teacher both went there awhile ago. Juliard may have a jazz program and I know they have classical.

+2 to Berklee. Just don't expect to go to many Red Sox games in your free time... Fenway Park is a small park and it sells out about 5 months before the season.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Berklee does sound pretty promising. Vai is one of my most influential idols... Of course, I'd give my left nut to be in Paul Gilbert's class.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into those.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Musician's Institute isn't really that good of a school, from what I've heard. The musicians there dislike the guitarists from GIT and don't want to form a band with them. That tells you something right there.
If you want to get into Julliard you're going to have to have great grades, in ALL of your core subjects. Then you are of course going to need scholarships. Also PG does CLINICS at MI sometimes. He is usually in Japan at the MIs there. Berklee is a great school, but because it's an actual college you're going to have to be an overall good student. Also Paul Gilbert only took a year at MI. He said he learned so much about theory and technique in that year.

(correct me if i'm wrong here)

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php