I recently upgraded my iTunes to version 8, which I'm not seeing any differences other then the Genius playlist thing, which I don't even use. Anyways, there's a feature on MSN that replaces your personal message with what you're listening to. It worked with the version of iTunes I had before I upgraded, but since I've upgraded, it's stopped working. A few of my friends are having this problem, too. Does anyone know a solution? I can't find one anywhere.
Quote by Colgate Total
Don't all media players do that? Winamp, WMP, and iTunes do that for me.

Everything works for me, except iTunes 8. It just stopped working after I upgraded. I can't figure it out.

And yes, I have the show what I'm listening to checked off. I'm not that stupid. In case anyone was gonna ask that...
Did you shut down your computer properly? Or any time recently? That effects it sometimes.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Oldapps.com, you can get older versions of almost any freeware program.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Where's the need to tell people what you're listening to?
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
I've shut my down computer properly or whatnot. I upgraded at least a week ago, and I've turned it off numerous times since then.

And, I don't like my MSN name just showing up simply as "Kyle". I like something next to it, but I don't wanna be all lame and write something, cause there's nothing to write...

I'll check out oldapps.com.
Try restarting your computer. Could just be an error, I don't think there is an option in itunes to make the plugin work but in WMP when there is an error it turns off all plugins and you have to manually turn it back on. Restarting it might do the trick.

Nevermind didn't see above post... You could try re-installing it. Check the options too I'm not sure if the new one has an option to enable it actually.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I'm uninstalling it and installing iTunes 7. I didn't use any of the new features anyways... so i guess I'll just downgrade it.

Thanks for all your help.
There's an option in your windows live messenger, and one in itunes, both have to be enabled, after install you'll probably have to re enable it.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

I had that loooooooong ago, and i don't even have itunes 8.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
I had that loooooooong ago, and i don't even have itunes 8.

You don't need iTunes 8. He's just saying as soon as he got iTunes 8 it stopped working...
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Ohhhh right. Sorry, i'm reatarded.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
mine doesn't have that problem.
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way