Looks and sounds promising... Not a metal amp but looks smooth for the mellower players..

The Bogner Alchemist Tube Guitar Amplifier Head embodies a modern approach to vintage designs.
Inspired by the voicing and culture of classic Californian-flavored amplifier designs, the Alchemist will deliver the chimey, sparkling cleans, creamy, touch-sensitive leads and bright and colorful crunch associated with its predecessors. Features include two independent channels and a four-button foot switch that is entirely flexible and designed to compliment the sounds of any single-coils and humbuckers--both vintage and modern. Featuring a selectable power section, from 40 to 20 watts, the Alchemist sonority quickly transforms to display a very different kind of magic. When switched to 20 watts, Alchemist undergoes a complete sonic metamorphosis, changing its harmonic complexity and feel to conjure the essence of the legendary Brown sound.

Bogner Alchemist Tube Guitar Amplifier Head

* 6L6 class-AB power section and five-12AX7 preamp; selectable power section
* Channel 1 (gold): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, Crunch mode, variable Bright, Deep switch
* Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, variable Bright, Mid Shift
* Shared: in parallel, Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
* Four-button footswitch included. Functions: Channel Select, Boost, Delay, Reverb

Beginning clean and fast, featuring an open top-end and tight bottom-end, Channel 1 opens gradually to present simmering blues tones that churn like spirits in a cauldron. Advancing toward saturation, Crunch mode turns up the heat adding pick response and increased tonal complexity. Channel 2, achieving critical mass, invokes the famous white-hot Bogner gain: creamy, modern and screaming with sustain.

As your sound materializes, give it life and depth with Reverb and Delay in variable styles and levels. On their own journey, the effects remain separate from the original signal, occupying their own circuit. The result is a rich, living and breathing, fully realized resonance composed entirely of nature, philosophy and maybe a little magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJKAaWmyEqQ
I was certain you bought another head.

That does look interesting tho.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
How much ?
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
On the Best Buy website too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by mcrfobtai
1100 Usd

Thats actually a pretty good price.

Lower then i exepected :p
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
Thats actually a pretty good price.

Lower then i exepected :p

Considering it's Bogner, I was surprised too
The alchemist line is supposed to be affordable

When does it drop?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
The alchemist line is supposed to be affordable

When does it drop?

...it's 1100 USD...
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
kind sounds a bit like a mix of a plexi/jmp with a bassman chunkiness in it for the lead tones. cleans sound really good, and for 1100 bucks, and it being a Bogner, i'd say it's a helluva deal if it's not made like overseas in some huge ass factory. Plus it comes with Greeback equipped cabs!

I wonder how it'd sound running together with something like my Mesa...it'd probably sound orgasmic. O_O
i saw that the other day and got really interseted...
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
kind sounds a bit like a mix of a plexi/jmp with a bassman chunkiness in it for the lead tones. cleans sound really good, and for 1100 bucks, and it being a Bogner, i'd say it's a helluva deal if it's not made like overseas in some huge ass factory. Plus it comes with Greeback equipped cabs!

I wonder how it'd sound running together with something like my Mesa...it'd probably sound orgasmic. O_O

They are made in China, probably at the Line6 factory, that's why the price is much lower than the US made custom shop line. Still could be a hell of a deal if they prove to be reliable and sound good.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
They are made in China, probably at the Line6 factory, that's why the price is much lower than the US made custom shop line. Still could be a hell of a deal if they prove to be reliable and sound good.

true that. If the amp is your kinda thing anyway.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I wouldn't count on reliability. Bogners already aren't that reliable and being made in China, I don't see it being any better. But I am getting the new FISH reissue so I'll see how that turns out. By the way, I saw that thing about Best Buy getting instruments. Only problem is, it's only got instrument brands found in Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
Seems interesting enough.

Would like to play.
Quote by mmolteratx
I wouldn't count on reliability. Bogners already aren't that reliable and being made in China, I don't see it being any better. But I am getting the new FISH reissue so I'll see how that turns out. By the way, I saw that thing about Best Buy getting instruments. Only problem is, it's only got instrument brands found in Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

why would you say Bogner aren't reliable? I've had the Uber apart to look at the guts, and they are built very well IMO. I don't hear a lot of people having problems with them either, and this includes cork sniffer sites.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yea, I've just heard about Bogners being extremely unreliable up until a point of about 3 years ago. I haven't really heard anything about newer Bogners. I'm just kind of saying that's what I heard I guess. I should have stated that in the first place. I really don't think I'll have any problems with my FISH but I'm just saying, since it's Chinese, I really wouldn't put any trust in it. I've never had anything Chinese last me longer than a year at normal use.
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, I've just heard about Bogners being extremely unreliable up until a point of about 3 years ago. I haven't really heard anything about newer Bogners. I'm just kind of saying that's what I heard I guess. I should have stated that in the first place. I really don't think I'll have any problems with my FISH but I'm just saying, since it's Chinese, I really wouldn't put any trust in it. I've never had anything Chinese last me longer than a year at normal use.

I guess I just haven't heard the same things you have, I don't hear Bogner mentioned with unreliability in the gear whoring circles, lol. And yeah, stuff out of China has had a craptastic reputation for many many years, and deservedly so. A lot of the stuff I've owned from China has been complete garbage. Their production industry has caught up pretty rapidly however in the last decade or so. I think a large part is due to foreign companies investing in factories, and implementing their own production standards. Even things like tubes have really improved in the last couple years, I've had great luck with the Ruby/Penta tubes coming out of the Shuguang factory, a much lower failure rate than a lot of the Russian tubes like JJ and Tung Sol actually. It's their stealing designs and skirting patent laws from other countries that still turns me off. They are already a major player however in this global economy, and they are only growing.
amp clips
amp vids
Yea, they have gotten a little better in recent years but I still love JJ tubes better than any other current production tube. They sound so good. But yea, I don't even remember where I heard that, it might have been hugeracksinc.com but I don't know.
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, they have gotten a little better in recent years but I still love JJ tubes better than any other current production tube. They sound so good. But yea, I don't even remember where I heard that, it might have been hugeracksinc.com but I don't know.

ahh, maybe their rack stuff had a rep then, I have no idea about that, never been a rack guy. I like the sound of JJ's in certain amps for sure, but I've seen a lot of issues with them lately on different forums. I know of at least one well known amp maker that stopped using certain models of JJ in their amps because of unreliability. I have a couple good friends I talk with quite a bit that have had a lot of problems with JJ's going bad this year. I've also personally had 2 bad JJ powertubes and a pretube in the last 6mo, all of them were less than a couple months old with very few hours. I was recently told that the JJ pins are under spec, so they can cause arcs in loose sockets. Don't know if the under spec part is true, but I'm not having much faith in the JJ's these days as far as reliability.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Sep 20, 2008,