The Rhoads.

Has a nice alder body, some Seymour Duncans for added versatility, and an OFR. The neck isn't too thin either, so that's a plus for me. Plus it looks better.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
the rr5fr since i am biased to the rrv's shape
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
RR5 for better pups and OFR.

Anything lower than RR5 in the Jackson line of guitars is shit.
Lost interest.
I actually prefer the SL3. I think they're both nice guitars, but I find the SL3 to be more comfortable sitting down and standing up, and the higher fret access seams easier to me as well. It's really something you'll need to try out for yourself. Everybody's different.
Have you ever played a RR shaped guitar?
You may find them to be something you like, but I still don't think that they're comfortable to me, but that's just my opinion. Is your mind set on these two guitars, or are you open to other suggestions as well? If so, then state your price range.
I'm pretty sure the neck joint is different between the two, and the one on the RR is the reason I find the higher fret access to be a little more difficult then the SL3.
im open to any guitar in the price range so if u know some please let me know
Well, is there anything you dislike on your guitars?
Like, do you prefer ebony, maple of rosewood fretboards?
Certain neck or body woods you dislike?
Bolt-on neck thru ect. preferance?
well fretboards dont really matter to me. i like mahogony and alder. and deff neck thru
Well, the wood from the fretboard makes a difference as well. What scale would you prefer?
Quote by caraluzzo
Well, the wood from the fretboard makes a difference as well. What scale would you prefer?

maple neck and 25.5 scale would be the best
no ebony owns maple :d
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Colgate Total
The Rhoads.

Has a nice alder body, some Seymour Duncans for added versatility, and an OFR. The neck isn't too thin either, so that's a plus for me. Plus it looks better.

lol, funniest post ever. Have you ever seen an SL3? Do you even know what guitar we're talking about?
Because, the SL3 has an alder body, the same SD in the bridge, and 2 SC SD's and an OFR... And since its a Jackson, the necks wont be so different either.

I'd say, go for the SL3. Neckthru > bolt on imo. especially for the upper fret access.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by Colgate Total
The Rhoads.

Try both of them,then decide
Quote by LP_CL
lol, funniest post ever. Have you ever seen an SL3? Do you even know what guitar we're talking about?
Because, the SL3 has an alder body, the same SD in the bridge, and 2 SC SD's and an OFR... And since its a Jackson, the necks wont be so different either.

I'd say, go for the SL3. Neckthru > bolt on imo. especially for the upper fret access.

The RR5 is also neck through.

Furthermore both are maple neckthrough i.e the wing woods (what y'all call the 'body') doesn't matter nearly as much as the neck's. What you'll hear is mostly maple and both axes have rosewood boards.
^^oh my bad, i thought the RR5 was bolt on. So than its all about the shape. Choose the one you prefer.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I have a RR5 (not the FR version) and it kicks major ass so I say get the RR5.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Look, these are the only 3 differences:
- Shape
- 24 frets (SL3) vs 22 frets (RR5)
- HSS seymour duncans vs HH seymour duncans

So whatever you prefer, choose that axe. For ALL THE REST they are exactly the same.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl