Well, my friend told me a while ago i seem like the kinda person that would play bass.
and i had been thinking of taking it up for a while.

now that i am, im not sure where to start....

does anyone want to recommend a good guitar to start out on?
and where should i go from there?
=P
Well, how much are you wanting to spend? Give me a price range and I'll work with you.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
mmm. well, i don't wanna go to expensive, just in case i decide not to keep going with it.

but in saying that, i dont want a crappy one.

so... yeah, just a good one to learn on :P

even just a good brand or something.

im pretty clueless about all this.....
I would suggest you go to www.musiciansfriend.com and www.americanmusical.com and www.sweetwater.com check out ESP, Ibanez, Squier, Epiphone, Fender. . . . look at them online, go to your nearest music store and mess with the intstruments and fiddle a diddle, see what feels comfortable to you. I always throw ESP up there because they are one of my favorite lesser expensive brands, a lot of bang for your buck.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Take a look in the bass forum FAQ, there's some nice one's in there with descriptions.
Quote by JEP4
Take a look in the bass forum FAQ, there's some nice one's in there with descriptions.

As well as beginner bass amps. Add in a lead, some picks and a gig bag and you have everything you'll need.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1