Page 1 of 2
For me it's how we perceive senses. Not only because the senses we perceive are just how our brains handle the electrical impulses from our nerves, meaning that all reality we "experience" isn't real, but also how everyone experiences senses differently. For example, we all see different colors. Not like I see blue you see red, but stuff that neither of us could even comprehend. We all experience things so differently we wouldn't be able to comprehend how eachother perceives their senses.

No I'm not high
Why the guy from star trek/reading rainbow doesn't have blind people glasses in reading rainbow.
What happens after death?

The universe blows my mind, hands down, like is there other life forms and such.
Quote by archangels666
The concept of infinite alternate universes.

Probably a little high-brow for the Pit, but it can really help you try to grasp what infinite really means.

This, along with a ton of other things I can't even begin to explain or organize in my head (at the time I was tripping bulls ).

How we perceive and comprehend light in our brains, how something like the desk my computer is on is mostly empty space, how I can be sure that I'm making independent decisions or if I'm on a pre-determined path, how I control my muscles, etc.
The fact that if the sun and the sun's anti matter collided it could destroy the universe a million billion times over.
Quote by TONY strat
What happens after death?

The universe blows my mind, hands down, like is there other life forms and such.

what happens after death. yeah.

that one.
how words are made. like at the beginning of time, who thinks to call, lets say the wheel, the wheel? why not call it a ugnamum? like who thought to combine those sounds together and make a word?

and i know cavemen didnt speak english
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Colors.

We can only see a tiny sliver of the whole electromagnetic spectrum as visible light. How would we see If we could see more? What would the new colors look like?
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Definatly the one about what happens after death..

And if we're the only ones in the universe.. Why would Earth be the only one..
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by wigamortis
The fact that if the sun and the sun's anti matter collided it could destroy the universe a million billion times over.

well,, antimatter is the most explosive thing known to man,, any amount of it could blow shit to pieces,, an antimatter body the mass of the sun is ****ing overkill
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
Definatly the one about what happens after death..

And if we're the only ones in the universe.. Why would Earth be the only one..

There is no "why". The earth just had all of the right variables for life to start.
everything
Quote by PlayMadness
"Look left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Left, you idiot!"

Quote by neopowell
Well, girls make different pitched noises depending on where you touch them, so it's kind of similar.
the things where theres like a picture of someone holding the picture but smaller and then that person is holding the same picture and so on and thinking about if it ever ends
Quote by iceman_8319
Colors.

We can only see a tiny sliver of the whole electromagnetic spectrum as visible light. How would we see If we could see more? What would the new colors look like?

UV Rays and Infrared light we can see with tools, not sure about X Rays, Gamma Rays, or Radio Waves. Would be interesting to see how they'd be incorporated into our already existing vision.
Who created god. if god was there he had to be made by something.... but who? who created the person that created god? what did the world look like before the universe was created. This shit makes me feel dizzy lol
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
The universe and the meaning of life.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
How life began. The concept of infinity and nothing. What's after death? Is life real? Are we the only living planet or are there more, and if not, why us? Do we all see colors the same?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Johansensan
how words are made. like at the beginning of time, who thinks to call, lets say the wheel, the wheel? why not call it a ugnamum? like who thought to combine those sounds together and make a word?

and i know cavemen didnt speak english

For me, it's more, how did the first words come about. How did they think to say hi. How would they work out what that means, how did it become mutual.
OMFG...I have SO many things, It's almost mindblowing HOW many thing blow my mind... The infinite Stretches of space, the concept of infinity, the complexcities of the human mind, the fact that even though we all might think we are individual thinkers, we have all been personally conditioned by our environment to think the way we do, and all of our choices are based on such, how insignificant all life in the universe actually is, the way cars run out of oil, even though it all just loops through the engine then goes back to the oil tank, and the many other mysteries of exsistance. Me and a friend acctually discuss all types of infinte complexcities such as these on a daily basis just for the purpose of blowing our minds, and to think original thought (even though ironically, durring one of these conversations we decided that the concept of original thought is impossible) It can be quite enlightening to discuss the unknown, just ask Mulder and Scully, they'll tell you the same.
The fact that it doesnt make sense that space could be infinite but it also doesnt make sense that it could just end. it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever.
Quote by SOADriff
Who created god. if god was there he had to be made by something.... but who? who created the person that created god? what did the world look like before the universe was created. This shit makes me feel dizzy lol

I would answer your first question by saying that there is no god, but that is just my own opinion.

The world didn't exist before the universe existed. So it didn't look like anything
Quote by iownuall
the things where theres like a picture of someone holding the picture but smaller and then that person is holding the same picture and so on and thinking about if it ever ends

i always stay looking at those kinds of things.

and i always wonder what makes us live. you know, all the things we know are made of practically the same we are made of (the same elements, etc) but its just a particular order that gives us life. that makes me think a lot.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 20, 2008,
Quote by 7stringuzr
how rubiks cubes are made

it's how to solve one for me
"Speaking of voting there's the electoral vote and the popular vote and I think in order to be popular, you gotta vote." -Eddie Vedder
Quote by RU Experienced?
UV Rays and Infrared light we can see with tools, not sure about X Rays, Gamma Rays, or Radio Waves. Would be interesting to see how they'd be incorporated into our already existing vision.

Nah you've got it wrong. Yes we do use tools (radars) to catch different light spectrums (infrared, uv, gamma, radio, xray, micro) but they don't have a "color." What scientists do is assign colors to certain light frequencies (ie: x frequency is blue, y frequency is red, and z frequency is yellow).

For example: you know those beautiful pics of other galaxies you can find online? They don't look like that. The only main "real" colors that we could see would be white, red, and blue (these last two due to their movements either away or towards us; this is called light shifting i think). However like i said, scientists assign colors to certain frequencies to make a visible image for us.

Quote by disturbed_hobo2
why UG doesn't have a philosophy forum.

There's the "Philosophy Guild Club." I'm part of it.

The posibility of alternate realities. The human brain and the oncept of "thinking."
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 20, 2008,
-if the universe is constantly expanding what does it expand into
-why are dugongs so awesome
-are there any albino black midgets
???
how come I ended up with no penis or vagina just a stupid FLAT SPOT!... please take a moment to feel sorry for me =(
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
how come I ended up with no penis or vagina just a stupid FLAT SPOT!... please take a moment to feel sorry for me =(

The fact that someoen thought posting this would be funny also blows my mind.
Definitely what happens when you die and what's really out there in the universe. It's ridiculous the amount of possibilities. Plus there's string theory, which will blow your ****in mind. I watched a video in science class a few years ago and it was the weirdest yet coolest thing ever to happen in a science class of mine.
Quote by Say Ocean
For me it's how we perceive senses. Not only because the senses we perceive are just how our brains handle the electrical impulses from our nerves, meaning that all reality we "experience" isn't real, but also how everyone experiences senses differently. For example, we all see different colors. Not like I see blue you see red, but stuff that neither of us could even comprehend. We all experience things so differently we wouldn't be able to comprehend how eachother perceives their senses.

That perception differentiation stuff wouldn't have an official name would it?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
Page 1 of 2