Hi

Please rate our cover of The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve.
We changed it up a bit by adding piano, and a couple of solos near the end. This is only a recording from a practice, but we're hopefully gonna play it at battle of the bands in a couple of weeks.
If anyone could let me know what you think, and if there are any ways to improve.
Its a bit messy and clearly improvised at points, but we should fix that up before BOTB.
Please listen to all of it if you can, because i think it gets better towards the end, and il rate your stuff to if you want.

Im on lead guitar btw, but you can't really see me much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMTFnLNMd1E
the audio wasnt good enough to really hear what you played....
btw your singer sucks
I think it was very good, although the audio quality wasn't too great. What I heard was good. Your singer DOES NOT suck IMO. I think the quality doesn't do him any justice. I'd recommend trying to increase the quality for your next recording. But nonetheless, it's very good. I loved your guitar work especially.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961714
C4C??
Quote by blistercity
I think it was very good, although the audio quality wasn't too great. What I heard was good. Your singer DOES NOT suck IMO. I think the quality doesn't do him any justice. I'd recommend trying to increase the quality for your next recording. But nonetheless, it's very good. I loved your guitar work especially.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961714
C4C??

Hey thanks man. I know the audio quality does need some work. Im hoping to borrow my friends recorder when we do it properly. Thanks about my guitar work to. I need to just fine tune my tone a bit.

lll Check out your cover.
Very good cover. I think that you could probably use a little less distortion. IMO you need to have some sort of percussion to have distortion sound good. A bass guitar could help, but the pianist can play the bass part too. Other than that I thought it was very good. Great lead playing too. But a drummer would definitely help you guys out if you wanna have some good lead distortion.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Very good cover. I think that you could probably use a little less distortion. IMO you need to have some sort of percussion to have distortion sound good. A bass guitar could help, but the pianist can play the bass part too. Other than that I thought it was very good. Great lead playing too. But a drummer would definitely help you guys out if you wanna have some good lead distortion.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeh we were thinking of getting a bassist and a drummer, but we thought we could get away with the current setup.

My aim was to sound like this live version, which just has rich on the acoustic, and nick on lead. It sounds pretty awesome here, but of course its hard to get it to sound exactly the same. I tabbed out the lead part straight from here myself because i think it sounds the best on this version and i love nicks tone. I was just wondering if you have any advice on how to get that tone. Ive just been using alot of delay and reverb, and i turn the volume nob down on my guitar for the arpegio parts, and turn it up to get the distortion for the slide parts. Is this the right sort of idea? I need to fine tune my tone to sound more like that.

But i think maybe your right about getting a drummer / bassist. I think it can get a bit messy and off time with no clear rhythm or beat.

Thanks again for the feedback.
This sounds really good, however I don't hear the vocals really well. Other than that, superb job!
We came third in the contest! This was a while ago now but i thought i should at least give this thread some closure. Anymore comments welcome though.
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Apr 29, 2009,